- Tycoon Accused of Huge Fraud. // India -- West;10/14/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 47, pA46
The article reports on the alleged fraud by Indian-origin tycoon Pankaj Oswal in Australia.
- Australian Tycoon's Taj-Style Mansion May Be Sold. // India -- West;1/28/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, pB7
The article reports that Perth, Western Australia-based Indian tycoon Pankaj Oswal is likely planning to put his partially-built riverside house on sale after his fertilizer company Burrup Fertilizers has been placed in receivership.
- Partner Links. // Laos Country Review;2010, p53
The article lists the CountryWatch Selected International Links including the Regional Partners, the International Trade and Investment, and Company and Country Reference.
- The Global Investment Boom: Prosperity or the poorhouse? Poloz, Stephen S. // Ivey Business Journal;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p62
Discusses the trend in global investments. Overview of the Asian crisis during the 1990s; Impact of an individual company's investments on its competition; Increase in foreign direct investments during 1991 to 1999; Benefits of outbound foreign direct investments.
- Chapter 5: Business Environment. // UAE Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p35
The article provides an overview of the business environment ratings for the United Arab Emirates in 2010, with firm international trade links and an averagely open environment for foreign investors.
- COMPARATIVE STUDY ON POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES: CHINA, EASTERN EUROPE AND THE FORMER SOVIET UNION. Scalise, David // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Examines the implication of the integration of closed economy with world market. Completion of the foreign investment legislation; Advantages of foreign trade system; Utilization of technology for an investment purposes.
- Does China have an impact on foreign direct investment to Latin America? Garc�a-Herrero, Alicia; Santab�rbara, Daniel // China Economic Review (1043951X);Sep2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p266
Abstract: We analyze empirically whether the emergence of China as a large recipient of FDI has affected the amount of FDI received by Latin American countries. Allowing for the structural break related to China''s WTO accession, we found a significant negative impact of Chinese inward FDI on...
- South Africa: A big emerging market. // Business America;Oct94, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on South Africa as an emerging market in international trade. Increase in domestic and international business confidence with the election of Nelson Mandela as president in 1994; Factors that could give a boost to South African economy. INSETS: Why South Africa?.;`Get down to business'...
- Lessons learned. Silver, Kimberly A. // China Business Review;May/Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p20
Explores opportunities and dangers faced by foreign investors in China. Determinants of a venture's success in China; Increase in equity stakes of foreign companies; Extension of the investors' contracts; Advantage of companies that invested in China in the 1980s over firms entering the market...