Safari Books Expands Services, Reach and Title Count
- Los peores usuarios de biblioteca. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jul-dic2012, Vol. 27 Issue 104, p348
No abstract available.
- Question of the Month. // Information Today;Nov1991, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p42
The article presents readers' response to the question on the proposed fee to be charged by the Library of Congress (LC) in Washington D.C. for their services, asked in the September 1991 issue of the journal "Information Today." According to the opinion of one of the readers, every institution...
- DVDs at Public Libraries: For a Fee or Free? Taylor, Leslie // Feliciter;2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p165
The article focuses on whether public library DVDs are offered for a fee or free. It notes the news which report the 50-cent fee charged by Cambridge Public Library to patrons for DVD and VHS materials borrowing and the letter that Ontario Ministry of Culture sent to the library advising the...
- Higher purchase: Electronic information charging issues. Middleton, Philippa // APLIS;Sep93, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p122
Discusses the debate over the practice by some libraries to pass on charges from commercial online services to library users. Print versus electronic; Online information; Electronic publishing; Access issues.
- Paying for Technology: Student Fees and Libraries. Webster, Janet; Middleton, Cheryl // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov99, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p462
Presents information on a study which explored how libraries may tap into technology resource (TR) fees. Discussion on TR fees; Brief history of the fees at Oregon State University (OSU); TR fees at peer and regional institutions; Details on a 1998 survey of OSU graduate and undergraduate...
- Managing NOT to charge fees. Dubberly, Ronald A. // American Libraries;Oct86, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p670
Criticizes user fees in publicly supported libraries. Tendency of such fees to create economic and psychological barriers for users; Examination of policy issues related to their primary mission; Consideration of effective alternatives to fees; Development of a full-cost recovery program for...
- Washington Wire. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Sep89, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p718
Offers news briefs pertaining to the American Libraries Association in Washington. Organizations represented by F. Anne Diamond at a hearing on the reauthorization of the Paperwork Reduction Act; Focus of the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science hearing; Public forums on...
- Rhode Island librarians to study user fees. // Library Journal;5/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the appointment of a special ad hoc committee to study user fees for videocassettes and computer database use in libraries, formed in response to an amendment to state law, proposed by the U.S. Department of State Library Sciences, that bans the practice of charging such fees.
- Double Taxation. Berry, John // Library Journal;11/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p2321
Editorial. Criticizes the 'market place' argument for library fees in the United States. Tendency for governing bodies to use fees as a way out of providing tax-supported services; How fees for library service immediately place new restrictions on access to it; Notion that libraries are...