Around the States …
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;4/30/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the approval of the spending worth $914,500 for textbooks and professional development by the school board of Saint Charles in Illinois. The funding is for the "Literary by Design" reading program from Harcourt Achieve's Rigby business in Austin, Texas. Meanwhile, the...
- California and Texas Adopt Math Text books for 2008. // Educational Marketer;11/26/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of school mathematical textbooks for 2008 by the state boards of education of California and Texas. It reports that California State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Jack O'Connell, feels that the books will help close the achievement gap between...
- Tennessee Parents Challenge Textbooks. Mirga, Tom // Education Week;9/10/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the protest of teachers against the contents of the schoolbooks of children in Hawkins County, Tennessee. The school board decided to adopt a reading series published by Holt, Rinehart and Winston for grades one through eight grades. Parents found out that the books...
- SCHOOL OFFICIALS RESIGN IN WEST VA. TEXT DISPUTE. // School Library Journal;Nov74, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the resignation of two Kanawha County, West Virginia school board officials in the wake of a dispute regarding the use of textbooks described by a Baptist reverend and fundamentalist parents as 'anti-Christ' and 'Godless.' Origin of the dispute; Reasons for the resignations; Pickets...
- Your Voice ONLINE. // Wentzville Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 52, pA9
The article presents comments on an online story by Brian Flinchpaugh at suburbanjournals.stltoday.com about the request of Belinda McCoy of O'Fallon, Missouri for the Wentzville school board to remove an elementary school book on puppies in 2011.
- NorthStar Math. Patton, Carol; Royal, Ken // District Administration;Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p75
The article reviews the educational software NorthStar Math from Harcourt Achieve.
- NorthStar Math. Lindroth, Linda // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p20
The article reviews NorthStar Math, an online tool for creating assignments and tests from Harcourt Achieve.
- New Science Textbooks on Docket in Tennessee. // Educational Marketer;10/21/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the Tennessee state Board of Education's plan to adopt a list of science textbooks from which schools will purchase beginning spring 2003.
- Publisher challenges Dallas textbook-adoption process. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;05/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Harcourt Brace & Co. against the school board of Dallas, Texas which alleges that the board had violated district policy when it failed to follow the recommendations of its textbook committee. Injunction granted to Harcourt for the postponement of the district's...