The Labour Party and Mr Keynes in the 1930s: a Partial Keynesian Revolution Without Keynes
- Was Keynes a Liberal? RAICO, RALPH // Independent Review;Fall2008, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p165
The article discusses the political views of economist John Maynard Keynes. Keynes' mercantilism and occasional departure from traditionally liberal ideas is discussed. Keynes' support for the financial system espoused by the Soviet Union, which suppressed the desire for moneymaking as a goal in...
- Keynes on population and economic growth. Toye, John // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jan1997, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Provides an account of the development of John Maynard Keynes's writings on population. Exploration of Keynes's early neo-Malthusianism; Keynes's `Collected Writings'; Advocacy of the wider use of birth control; Revival of the stationary state scenario.
- Understanding chapter 2 of the General Theory in light of the `essential and peculiar' nature of... Eckalbar, John C. // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p123
Discusses Chapter Two of the book `General Theory,' by John Maynard Keynes. Nature of money; Vision of monetary economics; Postulates I and II in classical economics; Say's law; Savings and investment.
- A farewell to Keynes? Anderson, Paul; Davey, Kevin // New Statesman & Society;2/23/96, Vol. 9 Issue 391, p29
Investigates whether the ideas of John Maynard Keynes has outlived its usefulness. Revolutionary thought about economics in Keynes' book `The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money'; Influence of Keynesianism on economists; Arrival of `stagflation'; Keynesianism's survival of the...
- KEYNES, KEYNESIANIZEM IN RAZVOJNE SPREMEMBE SODOBNE DRÅ½AVE BLAGINJE -- RENESANSA ALI ZATON KEYNESIANSKE TEORETSKE PARADIGME. Kovaè, Bogomir // Our Economy (Nase Gospodarstvo);2006 Supplement, Vol. 52, p11
The author took Keynes and Keynesianism as a model of modern economic science from the point of view of a particular research program. We cannot evaluate Keynes and plausible explanations of his work without the recent debate over the nature of scientific progress and the political economy of...
- KEYNESOV KONCEPT NEGOTOVOSTI IN NJEGOVA RELEVANTNOST ZA TRANZICIJSKE EKONOMIJE. Redek, Tjaša; Sušjan, Andrej // Our Economy (Nase Gospodarstvo);2006 Supplement, Vol. 52, p37
The paper presents the central role of uncertainty in Keynes' macroeconomic theory. While in Post-Keynesian economics Keynes' views on uncertainty have been further elaborated, in New Keynesian economics this issue has been constantly ignored. The authors emphasize the particular relevance of...
- THE RESPONSE TO SCARCITY IN INTRODUCTORY ECONOMICS. Nelson, C. Louise // American Economist;Fall81, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p3
Proposes that courses on introductory economics should teach and emphasize the value of living wisely and agreeably and well as a practical solution to the economic problem of scarcity. John Maynard Keynes' observation on bad attack of economic pessimism; Reasons for the severity of economic...
- Alternative Keynesian and Post Keynesian Perspectives on uncertainty and expectations. Rosser Jr., J. Barkley // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Summer2001, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p545
Discusses alternative perspectives of Keynesian and Post Keynesian economists on uncertainty and expectations. Views of John Maynard Keynes on uncertainty and expectation; Arguments of Post Keynesians on uncertainty and expectation; Policy implications and conclusions.
- MONETARNA TEORIJA PROIZVODNJE. Savin, Davor // Our Economy (Nase Gospodarstvo);2006 Supplement, Vol. 52, p32
The paper centers on the Keynes' attack on the division of monetary and value theory in the model of classical economists. This model entails an economy where money is merely a neutral numeraire which does not impinge on real production and consumption decisions. Keynes' answer to classical...