Migrating to IP -- Phasing In
- SUCCESS STORIES IN REMOTE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p73
This article presents success stories of different clients who have benefited from video surveillance. These stories according to the authors can help security companies design their product according to client's needs. One of the profiles presented in this article is related to Les Falconer,...
- Watch and Learn. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the video surveillance industry and latest technologies used in the field. It is mentioned that due to the increasing competition in the industry, surveillance equipment are now available at affordable prices with various technological improvements. Several...
- DVRs: The Transition Intensifies. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the transition in the security systems industry from analog to digital technology in 2002. Features of digital recording and retrieval systems; Usage of digital video recorders; Importance of video surveillance in attaining security. INSET: The Compression Beat Goes On.
- Swedish accent on system integration. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p14
Provides information on several system integration products from various security companies in Great Britain. Security systems from Bewator; Digital video recorder from Eventys; Proximity access readers and software from Granta.
- The Race to the Bottom & Rocket Ride to the Cloud. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p130
The article presents the author's views on the developments in video surveillance technologies. He reflects on how the prices of video surveillance technologies decline rapidly due to emerging technologies. He examines low-cost Internet protocol cameras which are reportedly changing the security...
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDERS: TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006 Supplement, p4
The article focuses on digital video recorder (DVR) technology and how it revolutionized video surveillance in the U.S. Topics discussed include tips for a successful DVR installation, procedure for connecting a DVR, special functions and features, picture quality and features that manufacturers...
- DVR OFFERS HIDDEN PIN HOLE CAMERA. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p118
The article offers information on a pocket-sized digital video recorder with a hidden pinhole camera powered by a built-in battery. The MVC-1000-64M records the video signal on the Flash Member. The product has a motion detection recording mode with 99 sensitivity levels. The playback is...
- FOUR-CHANNEL DVR ALLOWS LIVE MONITORING OVER INTERNET. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p130
The article introduces Speco Technologies' DVR-IP4CF/160 that allows live monitoring over the Internet. The DVR-IP4CF/160 is a four-channel digital video recorder (DVR) that permits the user to back up video files directly to a CompactFlash card so that law enforcement can receive them or they...
- Helping Your Client Choose DSL Service for Recorders. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p35
Provides tip on network video. Consideration in choosing digital video recorder; Selection of the correct type digital subscriber line; Transmission type.