Snatching Success From Jaws of Failure
- Product Showcase. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p34
The article presents information on the new high-technology products in the market. Bosch Security's Digital Video Reorder 1C is a replacement for traditional time-lapse recorders. The recorder hard disk has a capacity of 160 gigabytes, equivalent to seven videotapes. This allows continuous or...
- Protect your data with the new SAFE Mobile HD with biometric encryption. // Caribbean Business;6/8/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p37
The article reports on the protection of data by using the SAFE Mobile Hard Disk with biometric encryption. The HD comes with 40 gigabytes, 80 GB or 120 GB. The encrypted model allows people to choose between different levels of security depending on their needs. The main feature of the product...
- Monitor hard disk activity. Harris, Link // Australian PC User;Sep2008, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p63
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the other way of checking what the hard disk is doing in Windows XP Home Edition.
- Mass storage for micros. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p58
Features the Alpha 10 high-capacity mass storage disk subsystem using disk drives with removable cartridge flexible media disks manufactured by Apstor.
- Space: A necessary frontier in PC storage. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;6/23/97, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p87
Discusses the changes on the primary data storage formats for computers. Descriptions and features of laser servo (LS) and LS-120 diskettes; Zip Drive technology by Iomega; Descriptions of LS-120 drive.
- ASK AARON. // Micro Mart;8/13/2015, Issue 1375, p82
The article provides an answer to a question on the cure to insufficient space on computer harddrives and whether the computer is used as a spam Relay.
- `Buy now, expand later' strategy has hidden costs. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;4/19/93, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p55
Discusses the benefits and problems of expanding a server's disk storage capacity. Drive arrays and external storage chassis; Saving costs; Pace of both disk and server technology; Hypothetical example illustrating the problem; Preventive measures; Insurance; Purchasing strategy.
- Saving Private Data. Costlow, Terry // Design News;11/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the efforts of disk drive manufacturers in the U.S. to improve their portable products. Increase in storage capacity; Use of faster versions of popular interfaces; Product launched by different manufacturers.
- Hard-disk drives: 50 years and going strong. Bryant, Sally // Solid State Technology;Sep2006 Supplement, Vol. 49, pS20
The article reports on the developments in hard-disk drive systems as the industry celebrates its 50th anniversary in the U.S. On September 13, 1956, the first hard drive that was shipped was the IBM 305 RAMAC. It was 2,140 pounds in weight with only 5 megabytes. Later on, the industry then...