Redaction -- Identity Theft 'Vaccine'
- Defense is best offense against identity theft in business. Novacek, John // Fort Worth Business Press;6/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p46
The author reflects on the use by businesses of defense strategy as an offense against identity theft. The author says the creation of a culture of security is the most effective way to safeguard a company. The provisions under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) are outlined....
- IDENTITY THEFT: HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF. // All Hands;May2007, Issue 1081, p36
The article offers information on various strategies to protect oneself from identity theft.
- Lost Identity. Vosper, Robert // InsideCounsel;Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 171, p10
Focuses on information companies in the U.S. suffering from security breaches, including mortgage firm ABN AMRO, which lost a computer tape containing the social security numbers of some of its customers. Response of the company towards the loss; Cause of the loss; Importance of lawyers in...
- FORM: Identity Theft Victim's Complaint and Affadavit. // Credit Repair;Jun2013, pF1
A form showing a complaint and affidavit for identity theft victims is presented which appears in the book "Credit Repair." The required information includes the name of the victim, his social security number, and details of the fraud.
- Imposter Protection. Goodman, Eduard // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2011, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p90
The article discusses the challenges faced by the Canadian insurance industry on identity theft and fraud. It cites the definition of theft and identity fraud which was given by the Department of Justice Canada. Due to similar consumer credit systems in Canada, U.S., Great Britain, Australia and...
- The importance of document destruction. Graham, Nick // Graham Leader;6/3/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 84, p12A
The article focuses on identity theft in the context of the American population and highlights the importance of destroying personal information like name, address, social security and bank account numbers in the U.S.
- Your child and identity theft. Cooper, Andrea // Good Housekeeping;Mar2005, Vol. 240 Issue 3, p82
Offers advice for parents on protecting the Social Security number of their children against thieves. Security of the Social Security card after childbirth; Significance of avoiding giving the number to any institutions; Information on the Identity Theft Resource Center in San Diego, California...
- Troy man, 44, found guilty of identity theft. // Collinsville Herald;12/7/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 49, pA2
The article reports that businessman Chad Iacona of Illinois has been found guilty of identity theft for using the name and social security number of his business' former owner to obtain and use a revolving credit of 50,000 dollars from Wells Fargo & Co.
- Don't be a cyber target. // Disclosures;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the data breaches recorded by the Identity Theft Resource Center in the U.S. which reached 4,579 from 2005 to June 5, 2014 wherein information including social security numbers, financial and medical information, and email addresses could potentially lead to identity theft.