High Tech Donation
- Security Guidelines. Schroeder, Tim // Buildings;Jun2000, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p32
Discusses several factors to consider when installing security systems in a building. Steps in the planning process; Importance of direction and clarification in the selection and installation of security and access control system; Application of knowledge in the implementation of the system.
- Checks and Balances. Babcock, Regina Raiford // Buildings;Mar2003, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p40
Explores the trends in background screening and access control in buildings. Screening statistics; Web surfing for security; Details of the pairing of employee background screening with access control.
- Who Goes There? Chace, Richard // Buildings;Feb2002, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on access control used in building security system. Things to consider in a thorough security audit; Factors for the assessment of terrorist threats; Technologies that can be used to achieve access control. INSET: A Look at the Future.
- Safety/security. Patterson, Maureen // Buildings;Dec98, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p50
Focuses on advances in life-safety and security systems for buildings. How access control works; Information on several fire detection and suppression devices.
- Vulnerability Assessments: First Step for Security System Design. Fitzgerald, W. Douglas; Embree, William B. // WaterWorld;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Enumerates the factors that should be considered in implementing security and control systems for buildings and structures. Purpose of security systems; Steps in conducting vulnerability assessments; Background information required for vulnerability analysis.
- Combining Security Systems: Part 1. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov2000, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p102
Presents guidelines for a coordinated security plan for a facility. Combining of varied security technologies under a functional plan; Coordination of specifications; Coordination of duty cycles; Effects upon existing devices and systems; Consideration of future system modifications.
- Site Selection, Building and Space. Zackrison, Harry B. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p90
Part I. Focuses on the requirements in site selection of secure facilities. Accessibility for machine and supply delivery; Preparation for data processing equipment.
- Powered to Produce. English, Cindy // Buildings;Dec2002, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p20
Presents a guide on selecting security hardware systems for commercial buildings. Factors to consider in evaluating security devices; Benefits of using security devices; Recommended mechanical products. INSET: University's Health Center Steps Up Security.
- Security Overload at Office Buildings? Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the implementation of security measures in office buildings in the U.S. Views of Paul Beitler on the security measures; Increase in security costs in several office buildings; Investment of Massey Enterprises in security upgrade.