Post 9/11 Chemical Security
- Chemical manufacturers call for TOUGHER SECURITY STEPS. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the claims of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) that the country needs more workable federal chemical-security legislation. Call of ACC president and CEO Jack N. Gerard for the Department of Homeland Security to grant authority over the chemical industry security; Number of...
- ACC Supports Bill to Secure Chemical Facilities. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the support of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for federal chemical security legislation in the U.S. Claim of member companies that more work are needed to protect the nation's chemical sector; Demand of the industry to enact security-focused legislation that would establish a...
- KW, Sony, Safeplay earn honors. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;11/19/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p0003
The article announces that KW Plastics, Safeplay Systems Inc. and Sony Electronics Inc. are the recipients of the 2012 Innovation in Plastics Recycling awards sponsored by the American Chemistry Council.
- ASSOCIATIONS. // Bulk Transporter;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the selection of Jack N. Gerard as president and chief executive officer of the American Chemistry Council in the U.S.
- Getting ACC Into Shape. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;11/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the restructuring plan initiated by Jack N. Gerard, president and CEO of American Chemistry Council in November 2005. His plan involve the elimination of 20% of its staff, in an effort to strengthen the association's lobbying and communication efforts and provide better...
- ACC announces Major Reorganization. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;11/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 41, p10
The article reports on the reorganization plan initiated by Jack N. Gerard, president and CEO of the American Chemistry Council, in November 2005. Executives who will be affected by the restructuring plan are mentioned. Statements were issued by Gerard in defense of his plans.
- America's Natural Gas Crisis. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/1/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p48
The article presents a speech by Jack N. Gerard, president and CEO of the American Chemistry Council, delivered at the ChemWeek Energy Conference in Houston, Texas on October 24, 2005. He discusses issues on the business of chemistry, capital investment in the chemical industry and consequences...
- ACC disappointed in New Jersey action. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p12
The article reports that the American Chemistry Council (ACC) is disappointed over the action of New Jersey government for abandoning a partnership with the chemical industry on security measures, a partnership that has been three years in development. According to ACC security team leader Marty...
- ACC Adds Security Code to Responsible Care. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/3/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the efforts taken by chemical companies in the U.S. in evaluating security and safety in the industry due to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Plan of American Chemistry Council (ACC) to develop and expand its Responsible Care program; Information on the proposed Security...