Morgan Stanley Reclaims Hendel from Hedge Fund
- New First Data CEO Hails From Technology Industry. // ISO & Agent Weekly;7/12/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p10
The article announces that Michael D. Capellas was appointed chief executive officer (CEO) of First Data Corp. in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- NEW FIRST DATA CEO HAILS FROM TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY. // CardLine;7/13/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p17
The article announces the appointment of Michael D. Capellas as CEO of First Data Corp.
- COMPAQ CEO EXPLAINS PROCESSOR SHIFT. // eWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p15
Presents an interview with Michael Capellas chairman and CEO of Compaq Computer Corp. on the plans to fold its Alpha and Himalaya microprocessor lines into Intel Corp. in New York. Creation of long-term plan before the application; Revision of greater technology to take high-performance...
- Capellas called a good fit for WorldCom. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;11/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p8
Reports on the appointment of Michael Capellas as chairman and chief executive officer of WorldCom. Career history of Capellas; Duties; Future plans for the company.
- Tip of the week. // Network World;11/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p22
Focuses on the career of an information technology executive, highlighting Michael Capellas who is said to be the next chief executive officer of WorldCom.
- WorldCom: Showing Signs of Life. Eisenberg, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/30/2002, Issue 51/52, p49
Discusses the changes in personnel and business approaches at Worldcom following its massive accounting fraud charges in the summer of 2002. Place of blame on Worldcom by AT&T and Sprint as the principle culprit in the telecom business; Changes and how they are being implemented; What newly...
- WorldCom: Showing Signs of Life. Eisenberg, Daniel // Time;12/30/2002-1/6/2003, Vol. 160 Issue 27/1, p50
Discusses the changes in personnel and business approaches at WorldCom following its massive accounting fraud charges in the summer of 2002. Place of blame on WorldCom by AT&T and Sprint as the principle culprit in the telecom business; Changes and how they are being implemented; What newly...
- Yesterday's Tech Luminaries: Where Are They Now? Gincel, Richard // InfoWorld;2/28/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p38
This article takes a look at the condition of several information technology luminaries of the past years as of February 28, 2005. Not long after the ink dried on the Hewlett-Packard (HP)-Compaq merger, freshly knighted HP President Michael Capellas--an executive holdover from Compaq--valiantly...
- Crazy man. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;6/5/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p28
The article comments on controversies surrounding telecommunication executive Michael Capellas and other executives who managed to turn-around troubled companies. Capellas built his reputation through his work at Schlumberger, Oracle and SAP and solidified it with his turnaround of Compaq...