THE Trouble WITH LEWIE
- On the Up and Up. MCCARTHY, ED // Research;Sep2014 Supplement Magazine Guide to REIT Investing, p11
An interview is presented with three real estate experts Steve Buller of Fidelity Real Estate Investment Portfolio (FRESX), John W. Guinee III of Stifel Nicolaus and Brian Jones of Neuberger Berman Real Estate Securities Group. Topics discussed include Buller's views on factors that influenced...
- Ranieri Sees Opportunity in Bank Realty. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;10/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 189, p1
In American Financial Realty Trust's chairman Lewis S. Ranieri's observation, retail bankers and their commercial landlords have long failed to see eye to eye. The specialized nature of banking, Mr. Ranieri said, is "very hard for a traditional real estate landlord to understand." One of his...
- Attractive Investments. MCCARTHY, ED // Research;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p7
The article presents views expressed by financial advisors on real estate investment trusts (RIET) at a roundtable conference. John Guinee, managing director at Stifel Nicolaus and Co. Inc. says that if interest rates do not increase RIET is a safe investment. Brian Jones, co-portfolio manager...
- Impac to Buy Assets Of Fidelity of Illinois. Launder, William // American Banker;1/10/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that Impac Mortgage Holding Inc. agreed to purchase the intellectual property, mortgages, and facilities of Fidelity Bancorp Funding Inc. of Chicago. Comments from Joseph R. Tomkinson, Impac's chairman and chief executive, about Fidelity's ability to originate multifamily...
- Considerations for hospitality industry expansion in the Middle East and North Africa. Foley, Sarah B. // Travel Law Quarterly;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p137
The article focuses on the potential expansion of hospitality industry in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). It discusses the real estate investment environment in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates (UAE) which includes the topics on tourist destination, intellectual property...
- What's Selling? // Billboard;5/7/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p38
Provides information on several real properties for sale in the U.S. Loft of actress Courtney Love in Manhattan, New York; Hidden River Lane columned estate in Franklin, Tennessee; Private beach in Miami, Florida.
- How Lewie Blew It. Loomis, Carol J.; Hadjian, Ani // Fortune;12/23/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p72
Profiles Lewis S. Ranieri, who in the 1980s, achieved megastar status on Wall Street. Fired by Salomon Brothers at the height of his success; Formation of a private partnership called Hyperion Partners; Selling term trusts in his post-Salomon years; Collapse of Ranieri's Hyperion 1997 trust;...
- Tex. Banking Vet Invests in Thrift. Reosti, John // American Banker;4/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 73, p5
Reports the comeback of Lewis Ranieri, chairman of one of Texa's biggest banking companies into the banking scene. Emphasis on career; Assembler of an investment group for the Franklin Bank; Declaration of Franklin's declined net income for last year.
- Ranieri Steps Down as Interim CEO of FBTX. // National Mortgage News;9/8/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p2
The announces that Lewis Ranieri has stepped down as interim chief executive officer of Frankling BAnk Corp. of Texas.