Private Placements Go Bollywood
- An Influx of European FIG PIPEs? Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/7/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 27, p8
The article discusses the private investment in public equity (PIPE) issues of financial services firms in Europe. It refers to the Bradford & Bingley financial institution which was given Â£179 million by TPG (Texas Pacific Group). Moreover, the author compares the benefits of PIPEs in the...
- PIPE Capital Up, Deal Flow Down. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the performance of private investment in public equity (PIPE) wherein its capital increases but has lesser transactions in the second half of 2008. Sagient Research Systems reported that 653 PIPEs were closed in the first half with $64.6 billion as the highest level of...
- Steady States. Jones, Jenny // Money Marketing;7/23/2009, p31
The article offers the author's views on the resurging market in the financial services industry in 2009 in the U.S. She states that market comeback was caused by the announcement of the Department of the Treasury of its public private investment program, market stabilization and the strength...
- AT DEADLINE... // Private Placement Letter;5/3/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on developments concerning the private placement sector of the financial services industry as of May 2004. Structure of the Pembina Pipeline Inc. deal; Status of the $125 million senior note issuance by Arc Resources Ltd.
- Roth Capital Finds Niche: Stock Sales for Chinese Companies. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;12/3/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p7
The article reports that Roth Capital Partners LLC has attracted Chinese companies to venture in its stock sales known as private investment in public equity or PIPEs in Orange County, California. The deals allow smaller public firms to sell shares without the cost of doing a big secondary...
- Capital Briefs. // American Banker;9/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 177, p2
Looks at various legislative and regulatory developments relevant to the financial services industry in the United States as of September 15, 1999. Alliance between the US Treasury Department and the US Congress urging financial reform negotiators to adopt broad powers for direct subsidiaries...
- Shareholder Approval. // Best's Review;Mar2010, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p82
The article discusses the importance of a shareholder's approval under the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) listing rules for every Private Investment in Public Equity transactions (PIPEs) in the U.S.
- THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;12/2/2002, p16
Reports developments related to the financial services industry in South Africa as of December 2002. Intention of direct selling/mail order retailer share HomeChoice to buy out minorities; Withdrawal of specialist insurance group Glenrand MIB's hold on corporate subsidiary Glenrand Ltd.; Deal...
- Advisers question Big Issue's planned fond manager launch. Morris, Pamela // Money Marketing;8/1/2013, p2
The article focuses on the contradicting views of advisers on the plan of "The Big Issue" magazine's investment subsidiary to launch a socially responsible fund management business.