Piper Taps China's Middle Market
- CAPITALIZING IP. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p18
The article reports that Transmeta Corp. has tapped Piper Jaffray & Co. as its adviser in the U.S. It states that Transmeta Corp., a semiconductor and mocroprocessor developer is searching a full range of alternatives. It notes that Transmeta has taken steps to capitalize on its intellectual...
- Biota Appoints Piper Jaffray as Financial Advisor. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/30/2011, p260
The article reports on the selection of :Piper Jaffray & Co. by Biota Holdings Ltd. as its lead financial advisor in 2011. Piper Jaffray will work with the Board and Management to further make plans in maximising the value from the programs of the company. In addition, Piper Jaffray will advise...
- Piper Jaffray & Co.'s Fourth-Quarter Earnings $20.6M, Up More Than 25%. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p29
The article reports on the growth of Piper Jaffray & Co., in Minneapolis, Minnesota due to its $20.6 million earnings in 2006. The company's growth marked a 25% increased in its advisory services and higher average revenue for public finance transactions. Andrew Duff, CEO of the company said...
- TRY SOMETHING NEW! Le Beau, Christina // Crain's Chicago Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p19
The article offers information on the New Year's resolutions by some local entrepreneurs in Chicago, Illinois for a more profitable and more productive business. According to Mike Miller of Gaga's LLC, his company will make additional features of its web site. Renee Wood of Comfort Co. will hire...
- Are you managing without goals? Heller, Robert // Director;Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p30
Presents suggestions for entrepreneurs on strategic planning for their business. Importance of analyzing the existing condition of the business and vision for its position in future; Need for directors to work on steps needed to achieve projected targets themselves; Reason why owner-managers of...
- Four paths to failure. James, David // BRW;5/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p67
Describes the four types of synergy that could justify a company's growth strategy, according to Shayne Gary, senior lecturer at the Australian Graduate School of Management. Financial synergy; Operational synergy; General-management synergy; Market-power synergies.
- Actions Speak Louder Than Strategy. Morgan, Mark; Levitt, Raymond E.; Malek, William // Conference Board Review;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the authors' views on the importance of implementation of business plans in growth of an organization. According to the authors, it is important for corporate leaders to come much closer to describing where their organization will be in two years' time by describing their...
- Correction. // Forbes Asia;12/10/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p12
A correction to the article about Mindray Medical International that was published in the November 12, 2007 issue is presented.
- Piper Jaffray Spins Off Its Private Capital Unit. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the operation of the private capital business of Piper Jaffray & Co. in December 2010 in the U.S.