Fund Delay Spurs Merrill RE Shake-Up
- Merrill Lynch makes off with Citi real estate team. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;4/23/2005, Issue 516, p41
Reports on the employment of real estate investment bankers from Citigroup Global Markets in U.S. investment bank Merrill Lynch as of April 2005. Reason behind the move; Bankers employed by Merrill Lynch; Position to be handled by Patterson in Merrill Lynch.
- Hoping to regain its market presence, Merrill opens two offices out west. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p3
Reports that Merril Lynch & Co. Inc. has opened new offices in San Francisco, California and Denver, Colorado. Move a an effort to boost business in the regions; Company's aim to reclaim its title as the lead public finance underwriter in the United States; Expansion as the latest effort to...
- Merrill May Sell South African Business. // American Banker;10/26/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 206, p20
Reports the efforts by Merrill Lynch & Co. to sell its South African private-client business to concentrate more on corporate and institutional clients. Agreements with other investment banks; History of the company in South Africa; Comments by the company spokeswoman.
- Hostile bids to increase. // Finance Week;4/7/2003, Mergers & Acquisitions p8
Reports on the performance of South African investment bank, Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. during 2002. Factors that contributed to the operational problems experienced by the financial services firm; Factors affecting hostile bid trends in the financial sector.
- The Merrill Lynch-pin. Jacques, Bruce // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/20/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6229, p58
Reports on the effects of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reshuffling on its presence in the Australian investment banking sector. Business opportunities lost by the company as a result of the restructuring; Steps taken by Merrill's rivals to take advantage of the development; Major executive...
- Merrill Lynch GPI. // EuroProperty;2005, p45
The article reports on Merrill Lynch's Global Principle Investments (GPI) group's investment in the real estate sector in Europe. It is observed that earlier the company did not have a high-profile involvement in European property. It is noted that it has already spent â‚¬ 2 billion so far...
- Merrill Reshuffling Investment Bankers. // American Banker;11/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 211, p20
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is reorganizing its United States investment banking business to redeploy bankers who specialize in moribund sectors. Areas where reorganization will take place; Comments.
- Merrill Lynch re-shuffles. // High Yield Report;02/22/99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
Reports on management changes at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. following the resignation of senior executive Tom Gahan. Keith Horn's assumption of most of Gahan's responsibilities in the leveraged finance and distressed products area; Other members of the management team; Gahan's acceptance of the...
- Merrill Merges IG/HY Research To Cope With Crossovers. S.H. // High Yield Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p1
Reports that the U.S. investment bank Merrill Lynch & Co. has integrated its high grade and high yield research efforts in order to cope with crossovers in the market. Appointment of Marc Pinto as head of credit research for the Americas; Creation of an industry-sector approach to credit research.