- What's Next for DLJ? Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the issues faced by DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, the captive private equity firm of Credit Suisse Group AG. It states that the executives of the company have left to join other firms including Scott Marden, Kamil Salame, and Newton Aguiar. Moreover, it notes that DLJ...
- What's Next for DLJ? Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p37
The article focuses on the state of Credit Suisse's captive private equity firm DLJ Merchant Banking. Although people from Credit Suisse claim that the company is performing well, it has been removed from the official Web site of Credit Suisse, with only a notice of the unavailability of the...
- DLJ Merchant Banking Partners to Acquire Deffenbaugh. // Official Board Markets;12/1/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 48, p4
The article reports on the move of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP (DLJMB) to sign a definitive agreement to acquire Deffenbaugh Industries Inc. in the U.S. The "Kansas City Star" newspaper estimates the purchase price to be between $300 million and $350 million based on revenue reports. Tom...
- Withdrawn Deals Greater Than $50M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/18/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the withdrawal of the definitive agreement of Silver Acquisition Corp., an acquisition vehicle formed by DLJ Merchant Banking Inc. and Cypress Group LLC, with Gold Banc Corp. Inc. Value of the transaction.
- Private equity looks to differentiate. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p7
The article focuses on the changing role of private-equity firms in the U.S. The entrance of larger firms contributed to the change. Thus, competition has become even more stiff. In the event, financial buyers must then differentiate their strategy to create value and compete with larger firms....
- Credit Suisse weighing a bid for Blighty's AII3Media. Schreiber, Dominic // Daily Variety;6/1/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 43, p11
The article reports on the plan by Credit Suisse, an investment bank, to purchase All3Media, a Great Britain-based production company. DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP, the bank's private equity arm, is considering a 300 million pound offer for All3Media. The offer is supported by venture...
- Suitors court Tyco's blown film business. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;7/18/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that several large film extrusion companies and private equity firms, including the majority owner of Pliant Corp., are seriously considering buying blown film operations of Tyco International Ltd. Five sources said that officials with New York-based J.P. Morgan Partners LLC...
- Saga: a twist in the tale. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p15
Reports on Saga's evaluation of private equity bids. Plans on going public; Delayed release of its initial public offering; Prime assets of the company; Plan of private equity group Charterhouse and a consortium of JP Morgan Partners and Candover to acquire Saga.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/1/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p43
Presents several charts depicting the investment banking deals in private equity in the U.S.