Hedge Funds: The Big Question
- Hedge Fund Sales Hit New Issues Market. // High Yield Report;10/19/98, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the impact of hedge fund losses on the new issues market in the United States. Eagle Fund's sale of its high-yield bonds through Salomon Smith Barney; Impact on issuers in the competitive local exchange carriers; Outlook for the market from investor Margie Patel.
- Dark Books in Search of Trade Volume. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;2/19/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on hedge fund and buy-side trading. It is said that there is an increase of alternative trading system that do not publicly display quotes. It is said that internal matching engines of firms compelled the anticipated growth that has drawn dark-book competitors. H2O had hit a...
- Liquidity at large. Jackson, Chris // Trade;Apr-Jun2014, Issue 40, p26
The author discusses the growing popularity of block trading and the buy-side execution trends in Europe. He examines the increasing volume in block over-the-counter (OTC) trading and turnovers in institutional and hedge funds. He discusses how clients prefer to trade in size using current...
- HY Trading Volumes Lower for August. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/1/2014, p17
The article reports on the decline in the secondary market average daily trading volumes for August 2014, according to data released by the Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE) of the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Topics covered include the average trading...
- It doesn't get much worse than this. // High Yield Report;09/06/99, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the death of trading activities in the secondary market in the United States in the last week of August 1999, including those involving high yields.
- Mixed secondary with some big losers. // High Yield Report;10/25/99, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p4
Reports on developments in the secondary high-yield market for the week ended October 21, 1999.
- Paging makes news in quiet market. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the performance of wireless operator Paging Network in the secondary high yield market in January 2000.
- Fleming Rallies, Smurfit Flops. // High Yield Report;9/30/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the performances of junk bonds in the U.S. high yield secondary market as of September 25, 2002.
- High Yield Gainers and Losers (as of 9/25/02). // High Yield Report;9/30/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p4
Lists the high- and low-performing junk bonds in the U.S. high yield secondary market as of September 25, 2002.