- Alcohol on the airwaves. Holleran, Joan // Beverage Industry;May97, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Comments on the advertisement of alcohols on the airwaves. Author's opinion on the expressway billboards of liquor; Use of television and radio in alcohol advertisement; Criticism on Broadcasting industry; Author's viewpoint regarding alcohols.
- Brewhahas over advertising. Mullich, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p5
Comments on advertisements promoting alcoholic beverages. Tea commercial featuring Charles Barkley; Kareem Abdul Jabbar's appearance in some beer television commercials.
- Mad at the ads? // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the petition of the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) and 21 other groups concerning the alcohol industry's advertisements. Pitching beverages to underage drinkers; Linking alcoholic beverages with risky activities; Arranging to have its products appear in movies and...
- Alcohol portrayals and alcohol advertising on television. Grube, Joel W. // Alcohol Health & Research World;1993, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p61
Investigates the content and effects of alcohol portrayals and alcohol advertising on television on children and adolescents. Frequency of drinking on prime-time TV from 1976 through 1991; Number of alcohol advertisements per hour on TV, 1990-91; Effect of portrayals on young people; Effect of...
- Koop continues to speak out. // Alcoholism Report;Jun92, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
Reports that former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop continues to campaign for a complete ban on alcohol advertising, as well as tougher laws aimed at reducing the incidence of driving while intoxicated. Suggestion of a campaign similar to the one launched against the use of tobacco; Targets of...
- This ad's for you. Hardy, J.E. // Scholastic Update;11/16/90, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p18
Explores the impact of alcohol advertising on teen alcohol consumption. Arguments against such advertising; Response from beer and wine companies; Why alcohol companies advertise during sports events; Mixed messages sent to teenagers.
- NAB corks up threat of alcohol warnings in ad. Colford, Steven W. // Advertising Age;9/27/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the near victory of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) in dodging a mandatory health warnings in all beer, wine and spirits advertising. Negotiations with Senator Strom Thurmond for a mutually agreeable alternative to mandatory warnings for all broadcast and print ads for...
- Canadian court kills liquor-ad ban. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;6/15/95, Vol. 337 Issue 35, p3
Reports that a Canadian federal court has ruled in favor of hard liquor advertising on Canadian television. Association of Canadian Distillers' opposition to the liquor-ad ban; Ban imposed by the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunication; Distillers' use of TV advertising for warning...
- Ballantine's targets Czech youth with event marketing. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;11/02/96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the marketing plan of Ballantine's for the Czech Republic scotch whisky market. Amount of money to be spent by the company in this marketing plan; What the advertising by the company will involve; Launch time of the marketing plan.