Talking Point: Money, Sacrifice, and the Uniform
- Military Pay. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p32
Presents several charts depicting the monthly pay of U.S. Air Force personnel.
- DOD establishes guidelines for new cost of living allowance (COLA). // All Hands;Jun95, Issue 938, p3
Reports on the release of details by the US Department of Defense on the cost of living allowance for non-housing costs (CONUS COLA) of US Armed Forces service members in high-cost areas. Plans for implementation of CONUS COLA; Determination of the amount of allowance; Average amount of monthly...
- Military pay entitlements. // Army Reserve Magazine;Summer97, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the military pay entitlements for soldiers who have been called to active duty. What these entitlements depend upon; Information on a contingency operation; Establishment of the Operation Joint Guard.
- Subsidizing armed services chow halls. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;02/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p35
Reports on the United States military's rejection of the idea of providing a special subsidy for its personnel.
- Armed forces' moving allowances. // Practical Accountant;Sep95, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p20
Reports on final regulations dealing with the exclusion of certain allowances received by members of the United States Armed Forces in connection with a change of permanent duty position.
- Amid all the complaining U.S. continues to prosper. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/5/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 53, p26
The article presents positive statistics about the U.S. economy, as discussed by lawyer and economist Ben Stein in his speech aimed at telling Americans to feel good about their lives. Steik says that the Americans won all the Nobel laureates in science and economics in 2006, that U.S....
- 'Double dipper' rule may be deep-sixed. Philpott, Tom // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun99, Vol. 125 Issue 6, p90
Reports on the proposals in the United States Congress to lift the compensation limits of the military retirement pay. Support from the US Navy, Air Force and Army to end the dual compensation penalties; Resistance to the move.
- Monthly Military Pay Scale. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p123
This section presents a chart of monthly pay scales for personnel of the U.S. Armed Forces in 2007.
- SOF-specific pay scale needed. Thomas, Troy H. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p35
A letter to the editor is presented on the need for a special pay scale for U.S. Special Operations Forces.