CONTROLLING CONDUCT: THE EMERGING PROTECTION OF SODOMY IN THE MILITARY
- Arkansas sodomy law goes to court. Highleyman, Liz // Bay Area Reporter;2/1/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the hearing of the lawsuit filed by lesbians and gays against the sodomy law of the state of Arkansas.
- Hurricane Homo. Letellier, Patrick // Lesbian News;Aug2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p19
This article presents views of a freelance journalist who teaches Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Politics at the University of California, Santa Cruz. First, in a wildly pro-gay decision, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the nation's sodomy laws. From legalized whoopie, to homo...
- Unusual post-trial hearing held. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p5
Reports the post-trial hearing of sodomized victim Abner Louima in New York, New York. Involvement of Sergeant Patrick Walsh in the case; Results of the cross-examination of Walsh on his drinking problems; Schedule of the decision.
- HELP files law challenge. // Advocate;11/8/72, Issue 98, p12
Reports on the progress of the trial pertaining to the arrest of a number of gays at the Black Pipe bar for lewd conduct in Los Angeles, California. Viability of the move of the defendants' attorneys to present demurrers; Expected penalty should the defendants be convicted.
- Sodomy ranks 3rd. // Advocate;10/13/71, Issue 70, p15
Reports on the ranking of sodomy cases ruled by the federal courts in Dallas, Texas.
- Jury finds North County man guilty of sodomizing drunk victim. Putnam, Neal // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/8/2008, Issue 1063, p11
The article reports on the guilty verdict announced by a jury in San Diego, California to a hairstylist for sodomizing a drunk 19-year-old gay man.
- The Moment. Abdoolcarim, Zoher // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the trial of Anwar Ibrahim, former minster of Malaysia, on charges of sodomy.
- "Fe suis fatiguÃ© par le culte de la jeunesse": Or, Walking on Ice in High Heels. Reimer, Mavis; Tosenberger, Catherine; Wodtke, Larissa // Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures;Summer2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the authors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the formation of childhood and perversity with reference to Charles Bradbury's trial for sodomy, iconography of horror films as shown in "Ginger Snaps," and adolescence identity crisis.
- From the Editor. Hemphill, C. Dallett // Early American Studies, An Interdisciplinary Journal;Spring2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p239
An introduction is presented to the issue of the journal that discusses topics such as the 1677 sodomy trial of settler Nicholas Sension, the history of sexuality in early New England, and the death of historian William A. Pencak.