- Customize Your Fueling. Bauman, Alisa // Runner's World;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p29
Presents information on carbohydrates. How to determine the proper intake after exercising; Types of foods which contain carbohydrates.
- Large-scale Synthesis of Carbohydrates for Pharmaceutical Development. Jianbo Zhang; Bingyuan Wu; Ziye Liu; Kowal, Premzek; Xi Chen; Jun Shao; Wang, Peng George // Current Organic Chemistry;Dec2001, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1169
The field of glycobiology has recently enjoyed an enormous expansion boosted by new discoveries of the critical functions that carbohydrates play in nature. Further research in this area and the entry of carbohydrates into the medical and pharmaceutical fields will undoubtedly require easy...
- Shopping tip: sugar savvy. // Shape;May2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p170
Focuses on various sugars contained in food products and their relation to health.
- A New Approach for the Measurement of Digestible Carbohydrates in Different Food Samples with HPLC-RI. Devindra, S.; Longvah, T. // Journal of Agricultural Science & Technology B;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 8b, p1216
This paper gives an impetus in quantifying digestible carbohydrates, which are important components of cereals, legumes and vegetables. The HPLC method was applied for the first time in India to estimate the digestible carbohydrates such as sugars and starches in different branded rice, legumes...
- CARBS CAN'T BE STORED AS BODYFAT. Aceto, Chris; Brown, Jordana; Wuebben, Joe; Berg, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2004, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p56
Refutes the belief that carbohydrates can not be stored as bodyfat. Ways that carbohydrates make a person fat; Advice on building body mass while controlling bodyfat.
- Fighting Cancer With Carbohydrates. // Medical Update;2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p2
No abstract available.
- Solid-phase assays for study of carbohydrate specificity of galectins. Rapoport, E. M.; Pochechueva, T. V.; Kurmyshkina, O. V.; Pazynina, G. V.; Severov, V. V.; Gordeeva, E. A.; Belyanchikov, I. M.; Andre, S.; Gabius, H.-J.; Bovin, N. V. // Biochemistry (00062979);Mar2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p310
We have recently shown that the carbohydrate-binding pattern of galectins in cells differs from that determined in artificial (non-cellular) test-systems. To understand the observed discrepancy, we compared several test-systems differing in the mode of galectin presentation on solid phase. The...
- Content dynamics of free carbohydrates, abscisic acid, and cytokinins in both leaves and tillering nodes of winter crops in an abnormally warm winter. Voronkova, T.; Kondrat�eva, V.; Olekhnovich, L. // Biology Bulletin;Aug2009, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p338
The free water-soluble carbohydrates, cytokinins (Cyt), and abscisic acid (ABA) content in the leaves and tillering nodes tissues of winter crops, wheat, rye, and wheat-wheatgrass hybrid (WWG) in connection with their survival in the abnormally warm winters of 2006�2008 was studied. A...
- Relationship between the extracellular polymeric substances and surface characteristics of Rhodopseudomonas acidophila. Guo-Ping Sheng; Han-Qing Yu // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;Aug2006, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p126
The relationship between the extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) and surface characteristics of Rhodopseudomonas acidophila in its different growth phases was established. The equilibrium constant of partition ( K par) and the Gibbs energies of partition (? G par) between hexadecane and...