20 YEARS AGO
- EniChem study supports European restructuring, warns of further pain. Glover, John // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p18
Reports on Italy's EniChem's CeRic study of the petrochemicals market. Performance of the European chemical industry between 1991 and 1992; EniChem's reduction of workforce; Factors affecting the downward trend in the petrochemical industry; Forecast of the demand for plastics in 1994.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on an agreement between Qatar Petrochemical Co. and Enichem to build a petrochemical plant in Qatar. Terms of the partnership; Investments made for the project.
- Major EniChem plant stays open in Italy. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/29/98, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p7
Reports on a Venice magistrate's decision to lift the threat of closure against EniChem's petrochemicals complex at Porto Marghera by rescinding an order shutting down the site's water treatment plant. Charges that the wastewater from the treatment unit breach environmental regulations;...
- Investing now in time for the upturn. Hindley, Angus // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/23/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p11
Cites the outline agreement between Qatar Petrochemical Co. and Italy's Enichem for Qatar's downstream petrochemical venture. Factors contributing to the upturn in the petrochemicals market; Projects under construction; Present and future production capacity of the petrochemicals industry.
- Sabic, EniChem in Talks to Form a Petrochemicals JV. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/13/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the negotiations between chemical manufacturers Sabic and EniChem to form a joint venture (jv). Assets of EniChem that are expected to be transferred into the jv; Significance of the jv to EniChem's parent company, ENI; Implications of the plans of ENI to transfer its chemical...
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p9
The article offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. Petrobras and Braskem intend to invest in the Copesul cracker complex in Triunfo, southern Brazil, over three years. Degussa plans to build a 60,000 tons per year alkoxides plant in Mobile, Alabama. Algerian state energy...
- Fujian Integrated Refining and Ethylene Project Kicks off. // China Chemical Reporter;7/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p11
Focuses on the groundbreaking ceremony for the Fujian integrated refining and ethylene joint venture project (FIREP) held in Quanzhou, Fujian Province, China, marking the beginning of the construction. Approval of the Chinese government on the project's feasibility reports in September 2002;...
- Total eyes Kuwait-China refinery and petrochemicals project. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 8, p24
The article reports that French oil and gas major Total SA is keem on investing in a Kuwait-China joint venture refinery and petrochemicals project in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province, southern China. The project is part of Total's strategy to invest in growth markets such as Asia with Middle East....
- EMethanex agrees on shareholding. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/19/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on the shareholding structure for the greenfield methanol construction project of Egyptian Methanex Methanol Co. in Damietta, Egypt. Under the new shareholder structure, Canada's Methanex Corp. will hold a 60 per cent equity stake in the project company, reducing its original...