Nothing stirs in subdued markets
- Uncertain outlook. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p21
Predicts the recovery of the petroleum chemicals market in Southeast Asia and China despite the severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic. Prices of ethylene in 2002; Effects of a structural shortage of propylene in the Asian markets; Spot prices for butadiene.
- Contracts dominate thoughts. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p46
The article presents an overview of the commodity petrochemical markets as of December 2006. Butadiene prices in Asia fall by more than $100/tonne on weak demand and rising inventories. The first ethylene December-January bi-monthly contracts have been agreed down â‚¬ 55/tonne at â‚¬...
- Still on a high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p14
Presents a 2005 outlook on the prices and margins related to the Asian petroleum chemicals industry. Fluctuation of ethylene prices; Expectation on propylene shortages; Reason cited for the increase in the prices of butadiene.
- Europe is still a winner. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the competition between the chemical industry of Europe, the U.S. and China. It states that Europe has become a key polymer supplier to Asian countries such as China because of low cost ethane and China is rising as a petrochemical superpower. It mentions that because of...
- A Brief Look at India's Plastics and Petrochemical Industry. Rangarajan, S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p40
The author reflects on India's plastics and petrochemical industry. He cites the combined olefins production capacities of India in 2009 which includes ethylene, propylene and butadiene. He mentions that estimated projections indicate that per capita polymer consumption will reach 13 kilograms....
- Competitive Landscape. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q1 2010, p23
The article presents information on competitive demands for petrochemicals products produced in the U.S. It is estimated that the gas production will hold steadily from 2010 to 2013 with consumption reaching at least 704 billion (bn) cubic meters (bcm) and the gas imports at 164 bcm. It also...
- Butadiene contract finally settles. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p40
The article details the price trends at the commodity petrochemicals markets as of April 23, 2007. Second quarter butadiene contracts have been agreed having a rise of â‚¬25/tonne, taking rates to a â‚¬905/tonne. The market is reported to be tightening due to turnarounds at extraction...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p15
The article offers business news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including decline in the U.S. propylene inventories by 1.5 percent, licensing of paraxylene (PX) technology by the U.S. engineering firm CBI and propylene production by the Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group.
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p17
The article presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry, including those on Methanex of Canada, world's largest ethylene (C2) cracker furnace, and propylene stocks in the U.S.