Work the room to your benefit
- BUILDING YOUR NETWORK. Edmondson, Ella L. J. // Essence (Time Inc.);Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p74
The article offers advice on strengthening professional network. Conversation plays an essential part in having an effective network. People must assess existing and prospective professional contacts. A follow-up get-together handwritten note should be sent to connect with other people....
- It's what you know and who you know. Rhys, Gwen // Lawyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p25
The article comments on the benefits of networking to young professionals. The concept of networking is about building and nurturing relationships and visualizing connections between people, concepts and ideas in order to maximize opportunities. The benefits are gaining information and...
- Social Networking -- A Strategic Heaven or Entrepreneurial Hell: A Case of Plancast.com. Sharmam, Nidhi Vishnoi; Khattri, Varsha // Effective Executive;Sep2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p60
In spite of the best efforts by Mark Hendrickson and his team of enthusiastic professionals, their venture--plancast.com--did not survive the rough rides in lucrative social networking domain. They had everything going for them--a working concept, adequate finance, booming market and robust...
- SOCIAL SECURITY. Hodgkinson, Jeff // PM Network;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p30
In this article the author discusses the significance of social networking sites in the fulfillment of projects. He mentions his participation with LinkedIn in October 2007. He examines the business value and benefits that can be derived from LinkedIn, a professional social networking site....
- Networking. Swanson, Richard M. // Strategic Finance;Jun99, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on networking tips for accounting and financial professionals. The requisites to career success, aside from networking, are discussed. Advice for meeting professionals in other companies, following up, and taking advantage of networking opportunities is presented.
- Make Every Connection Count. // Business Credit;Feb2006, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p54
The article discusses the importance of networking as a tool for every business professionals. Networking offers opportunities to expand professionals' knowledge-base and make friends and associates in their line of work. Suggestions for networking at Credit Congress are outlined.
- Professional Connections. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p44
The author recommends strategies that professionals use on the social network in order to get a job which include blending online and personal interactions and developing an interest.
- Networking in the New Year can be fun, profitable. Nierenberg, Andrea // Sell!ng;Dec2002, p10
Discusses some suggestions for fruitful networking at New Year's parties.
- NETWORKING CALENDAR. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/23/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p22
The article presents the schedule of events among business networks in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2006 including Green Valley Kiwanis Club, Las Vegas Territory Association, Business Network International Profiteers, Integrity Networking Circle and the Association of Legal Administrators.