- Shell boosts IPA at Pernis. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;2/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2133, p27
Reports on the plan of Shell Chemicals to boost the capacity of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) at its industrial site in Pernis, Netherlands by the second quarter of 2006. Purpose of the additional production; Other sites of Shell's IPA production; Closure of two IPA capacity in Europe.
- Shell Ahead on Cost-Cutting. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p20
Reveals the cost savings achieved by Shell Chemicals for the first half of 1999. Number of jobs eliminated by the firm; Amount that Shell aimed to raise from the divestments.
- Chemical makers can manage risk with mix of hedging instruments. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;08/04/97, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p9
Suggests the use of a Shell Chemical Risk Management Co.'s financial instruments for chemical companies to reduce their exposure to price volatility. Entry of a swap contract with a risk management company; Options available on managing price risk.
- Fire Disrupts Shell Chemicals' Texas Unit. Sim, Peck Hwee; Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p33
Reports that a fire at Shell Chemicals Limited's Deer Park, Texas complex on May 13, 2002 has curtailed production at its ethylene plant at the site. Reason behind the tight ethylene supplies; Propylene contracts in May 2002; Factor that is also affecting olefins supply in Europe.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;1/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p15
Provides information on some chemical companies. Budget allocations of UCB for Research and Development in 1999; Finalization of contracts by Shell Chemicals for the sale of its general purpose rubber business to Dow Chemical; Retirement of Hoechst board member Justus Mische.
- Shell GTL design work. // Asian Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 403, p21
Reports that Shell Chemicals is conducting basic pre-feed design work on its gas-to-liquids project in Ras Laffan, Qatar. Expected completion of the project.
- Going crackers in China. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;7/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 26, p22
The article reports on the growth in the business of Shell Chemicals as the demand for petrochemicals in Asia and the Middle East grows. There is a wealth of potential customers on the doorstep for Shell to serve, with 20% of China's petrochemical demand found in the Guangdong province. Like...
- Shell refines its strategy. Reed, David // Urethanes Technology;Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the corporate strategy of Shell Chemicals Ltd. for its market in Asia-Pacific. Remarks from Shell Chemical's propylene oxide and urethane unit manager Oliver Thorel regarding prices of chemical products; Investments made by the company in Asia-Pacific; Details on technology-related...
- Shell Cuts CAPX and Profitability Targets. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on efforts of Shell Chemicals Ltd. to boost its competitive position in the industry. Plan to slash capital spending; Evaluation of pricing structure; Cut in the firm's return on average capital employed target.