We need more regulating
- PVC group in waste call. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the call by Vinyl 2010, which represents the European polyvinyl chloride (PVC) industry, for the European Union member states to toe the line over the Landfill Directive. The call comes as Vinyl 2010's latest progress report indicates that recycling of PVC waste more than...
- CLAIU-EU URGES ENGINEERS TO COMBINE COMMITMENT TO RESEARCH AND INNOVATION WITH "ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT.". McGrath, Denis // Engineers Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p627
The article highlights the Council of Associations of long cycle Engineers of a University or High School of Engineering of the European Union (CLAI-EU) International Seminar in Brussels, Belgium. The goal of the seminar is to explain the role of the engineer in research, innovation and...
- Sustaining our future. Baker, John // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, Special Section p5
Reports on development of people in Europe's petrochemicals sector as discussed in the European Personal Construct Association's meeting in 2004. Establishment of people recognition in Huntsman Corp.; Possible reasons behind the failure of the European Union in its employment objectives;...
- SH&E Committee Holds Workshop on REACH Awareness. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;6/30/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 20, ps6
The article discusses the highlights of a workshop conducted by the Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) committee of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) on April 24, 2008. The aim is to raise awareness on the European Union's Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of...
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Senegal Country Review;2009, p133
The article lists several international environmental agreements and associations including accords related to hazardous substances, major conventions regarding living resources, and major conventions related to nuclear safety.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Slovenia Country Review;2009, p129
The article lists several international environmental agreements and associations including accords regarding hazardous substances, major conventions regarding living resources, and major conventions regarding nuclear safety.
- New hazardous substance inventory launched. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the launch of first EU Classification and Labelling Inventory by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to provide industry with information on all of the chemical substances registered for use in the European Union.
- GPCA SLAMS ANTIDUMPING PROCEDURES AGAINST MIDEAST PETCHEM EXPORTS. // Chemical Week;10/12/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 25, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) to challenge the antidumping procedures launched by China, the European Union (EU) and India against petrochemical exports from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region. The GPCA will investigate and...
- 2004 China International Seminar on REACH. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p4
Highlights the 2004 China International Seminar on Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) held on September 6-7, 2004 in Beijing, China. Sponsorship of the seminar by China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association and China National Chemical Information Center;...