Invista presses on with polymer plans
- ABB wins KA plant upgrade. // European Chemical News;12/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2079, p34
Reports on a turnkey contract awarded by Invista, a DuPont subsidiary, to ABB for the upgrade of its ketone-alcohol fiber intermediate plant in Wilton, Great Britain. Conversion plan of the companies for the plant.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;1/28/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p31
Presents an update on specialty chemical firms as of January 2004. Efforts of Huntsman in the optimization of its alkoxylation plant operations; Application of cyclic and linear 12-carbon diols to the urethane products of Invista; Commercialization of a water-soluble polycarboxylate-based...
- Union Carbide To Build New Plant For Silicones. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jan81, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The article reports the plan of Union Carbide, a chemical and polymer company, to build a $150 million silicones plant in South Charleston, West Virginia. Rolf H. Towe of Union Carbide states that the new facility will be the company's second largest silicon plant in the U.S. It further states...
- API adds TPUs, systems. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p10
This article states that Fifty year old Italian thermoplastic elastomer supplier Applicazioni Plastiche Industriali SpA (API) is expanding production of thermoplastic polyurethanes at its Mussolente site. API is also adding a new systems unit for two-part polyurethanes, according to Lorenzo...
- Solvay Expands Fluoropolymers Capacity at Italian Site. // Chemical Week;3/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the move of Solvay Solexis to double production capacity for a family of perfluoropolyether (PFPE) polymers. The expansion will take place at Solvay Solexis' fluorinated polymers plant at Spinetta Marengo, Italy. The project entails a large capacity increase for PFPE sold...
- Plant Openings & Expansions. // Food Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p17
Reports global developments related to business as of June 2002. Construction of a plant facility by American Italian Pasta Co. in Arizona; Establishment of a chemical plant by Rohm and Haas Co. in India; Opening of a manufacturing facility by Alloy Polymers Inc. in Virginia.
- Degussa pushes on into China. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p26
The article deals with the plans of German specialty chemicals group Degussa to build polyamide polymerization and compounding units at its multi-user site in Shanghai, China. The group's high-performance polymers business unit, which is handling the project, declined to disclose the capacity or...
- GE Plans PEI Plant in Spain; Readies Delayed Polycarbonate Unit ... // Chemical Week;11/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the plan of GE Plastics to build a polyetherimide (PEI) plant at its Cartagena, Spain complex as of December 2003. Amount of money to be invested by GE in the PEI plant; Characteristics of the PEI product; Capacity of the company's second polycarbonate plant at Cartagena.
- INVISTA Gains EIA Approval for HMD Plant in Shanghai. // China Chemical Reporter;2/7/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3/4, p9
The article informs that Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) approval has been received by polymer producer INVISTA Inc. from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau for building a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park. According to Steve Kromer,...