BASF builds up China investment
- As Asian Economies Gain Strength, Investments Increase. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p20
Provides information on the investments of chemical companies based in Europe and the United States (U.S.) in some parts of Asia. Largest Asian sales by U.S. and European chemical manufacturers in 1998; Amount invested by BASF in Asia; Total direct U.S. investments in chemicals and allied...
- BASF Moves Forward With Investment in Asia-Pacific. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the efforts of BASF AG to further strengthen its holdings in Asia-Pacific. Estimated investment of the company in Asia-Pacific by the end of 2000; Joint venture between BASF and Sinopec; Company's plant in Thailand that will manufacture superabsorbents; Merger of BASF India Ltd. and...
- BASF to spend â‚¬6bn at site. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/26/2015, Issue 3684, p32
The article reports that representatives of chemical producer BASF signed a site agreement in Ludwigshafen, Germany, committing to spend around 6 billion euros on investments, upgrading and maintenance from the year 2016 to 2020.
- Malaysia Attracts a Steady Flow of Investment. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;5/12/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p52
The article focuses on the investment for the chemical manufacturing sector in Malaysia. Petroleum products, including petrochemicals, attracted the second-largest share of foreign investments of any industry, after electronic and electrical products. Manufacturing investments are based on...
- BASF expands Paliocrom. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p29
Reports on the investment made by Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG to expand the capacity of its effect pigments plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Reason for the move of the company; Status of the market for effect pigments.
- BASF Uses Verbund Concept To Build on Its Core Strengths. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p19
Focuses on the decision of BASF Group to strengthen its core capabilities through its Verbund integration concept. Information on the company's network of interconnected production plants; Investments of BASF to expand its market presence in the Nafta region; Purpose of BASF in working with...
- BASF Goes on a Spending Spree. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p23
Deals with the capital spending of BASF for the expansion of its manufacturing operations in Korea. Details on the expansion plans of the company.
- BASF Invests in Paper Chemicals. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/24/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 21, p23
Reports that BASF will invest approximately $473 million by 2004 to reinforce its leadership position in paper chemicals worldwide. Paper chemicals sales targeted by BASF by 2007; Amount to be spent in research and development; Plans of the company to build a plant at Ludwigshafen, Germany.
- BASF Finalizes Investment Plans. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the plans of BASF for a capital expenditure program for BASF Coatings as of December 6, 2000, which aimed to lift sales and coatings acquisitions. Plans of the company for a waterborne paints plant and manufacture; Korean investment of BASF; Details on the company's acquisitions in...