Cream of the crop
- Late-Reporting Basic Firms Post Mixed Results. Seewald, Nancy; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that basic and diversified chemicals companies posted mixed first-quarter results weak U.S. housing and automotive markets hurt some producers, while strong overall growth lifted profits at Celanese and Airgas. Huntsman says that unplanned outages at three plants dragged down...
- Separate profit from risk in oil. baker, walt; postigo, jorge; winkler mckinsey, georg; s. s. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/6/2015, Issue 3533, p18
The article discusses the need for the chemicals and petrochemicals industry to separate profit from risk as petroleum prices decline. It mentions the over 50% decline in oil price from its record high, consumer pressure for chemicals and petrochemical companies to implement price reductions and...
- RIL sparkles with 28 per cent increase in net. // Chemical Business;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p79
The article reports on a 28% increase in net profit posted by Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) for the second quarter ended September 2007. RIL profit reached 3,837 crores compared with 3,000 crores in 2006. There was also an increase in total sales during the period by 6% at 33,402 crores. It...
- Strong Nitrogen Market Helps PotashCorp, but Hurts IMC. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/29/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the rise in the sales and earnings posted by PotashCorp. due to strong nitrogen prices and high potash volumes as of October 2003. Impact of high natural gas prices on U.S. ammonia capacity; Cause of the likeliness of phosphates plant closures.
- Sasol expects full-year 2015 profits to fall by up to 19% due to lower oil prices. // World Energy News;8/7/15, p1
No abstract available.
- Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis. // Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2005, p1
Presents an overview of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China-based largest petrochemical enterprise. Company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year 2003, services provided, and principal businesses; Key facts, including contact information; Analysis of the...
- Key Facts. // Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2005, p4
Presents key facts about Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China-based largest petrochemical enterprise. Address and contact information; Revenues and financial year end data; Number of employees; SIC and NAICS codes; New York and Shanghai tickers.
- SWOT Analysis. // Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Jan2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China-based largest petrochemical enterprise, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths, including ethylene production capacity, strong intermediate...
- DATAMONITOR: Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited. // Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Dec2010, p1
A company profile of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd., which is a petrochemical company engaged in oil refining, petrochemical processing, and the manufacturing of plastics and synthetic fibers, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact...