An anxious industry feels the pressure
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 20, p40
The article presents updates related to the chemical industry. Intercontinental Exchange, an electronic energy marketplace, says it has agreed to acquire ChemConnect's commodity trading division in an all-cash transaction. The Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) says it will launch four...
- Entering the world of commodities. Brown, Camille; Dingle, Derek T. // Black Enterprise;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p58
Presents information on commodity futures in the United States. How to choose a commodities broker; Details on petroleum trading; Risks of trading in pork bellies; Information on the orange juice contracts sold by the New York Cotton Exchange.
- Commodities Extend Decline to Lowest Since '09 on China Slowdown. Chanjaroen, Chanyaporn // Financial-planning.com;9/15/2014, p4
The article reports on the decline of commodities to the lowest level as the demand growth in China weakens since 2009.
- Ahead of the crowd. Hearne, Ted // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p44
Looks at how studying the way energy flow dictates crowd behavior can help determine commodities market activity. Description of the Drummond Geometry market analysis technique; Short-term trendlines; Multiple time-period overlays; Market's rhythmic flow that traders can learn to spot; PLdot as...
- Turning chart patterns into trading systems. Schwager, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p48
Part III. Discusses how important it can be for futures traders to test chart patterns successfully. Comparison of various charting systems to determine which yields the best performance; Total profit/loss generated by each system in each market for the 1991 to 1998 period; Gap system...
- Metals off bottom. J.H. // Finance Week;08/27/99, p91
Reports on developments in the commodity markets for metals in South Africa as of August 27, 1999. Pointers for investing into commodity futures; Medium-term benefits of cautious market buying; Market performance of specific metals.
- Softs markets toughen up. Kharouf, Jim // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec97, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p34
Analyzes softs markets in commodity trading during December 1997. Strength of the coffee and cocoa markets despite unfavorable weather conditions; Decline of the orange juice market; Sideways price movement for cotton and sugar markets. INSET: Tech talk: Coffee kickin' in, by George Kleinman..
- Meet the gold gurus. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;7/28/2011, p26
In this article the author discusses the performance of commodities trading in Great Britain.
- Futures Markets: Approach for Examining Oversight of Energy Futures: GAO-06-742T. Williams, Orice M. // GAO Reports;5/4/2006, p1
Record high crude oil and natural gas prices have generated significant concerns by the public and members of Congress that the high and relatively volatile prices may be the result of factors other than market forces. Several members of the House and the Senate have expressed concerns over the...