Chilean gas firms fined
- Gas deals for SCIPIG. // European Chemical News;5/26/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2054, p22
Announces a joint venture between Praxair and Air Liquide to build industrial gases plants in Shanghai, China. Capacity of the facilities; Terms of the agreement; Estimate of investment in the projects.
- Gases Firms Raises Prices. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;3/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p25
The article reports on the price increases of gases in the U.S. Praxair plans to boost product prices and facility fees for industrial, medical and specialty gas customers. Prices on argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen prices will increase 10 percent to 20 percent. Separately,...
- Air Liquide and Praxair Detail JV at Shanghai Chemical Industry Park. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the plan of Air Liquide and Praxair to jointly build an integrated industrial gases complex to supply investors at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Caojing, China as of July 2002. Estimated cost of the project; Structure of the complex; Background of Shanghai Chemical Industry...
- US FTC approves AGA buy. // Chemical Business;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on the approval of the United States Federal Trade Commission of AGA's acquisition of Liquid Carbonic air seperation plants and related businesses from Praxair. How the acquisition helps AGA company.
- Defying gravity in Asia. Warnke, Jon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p23
The article focuses on the exceptional growth of industrial gas companies in Asia, its reasons and strategies to maintain their growth. The leading companies dominating the sector include Linde AG, Air Liquide SA and Praxair Inc. The companies are united in their strategy in emerging markets,...
- Optimize your shielding gases. Vernyi, Bruce // Penton's Welding Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses how to optimize shielding glasses. To help improve the mechanical properties of the weld, there should always be an appropriate gas mixture to compliment the electrode being used. Shielding gases are used to prevent contamination of the weld pool. These gases also help...
- Praxair Buys Assets from Air Liquide. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/11/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 12, p2
Reports the acquisition by Praxair Inc. of Air Liquide for its industrial gas assets and related businesses in Germany. Terms of the deal; Benefits for both companies; Assets required to be sold by Air Liquide as a results of its January 2004 acquisition of Messer Griesheim.
- Deep in the Heart of Texas The Gulf Coast region offers a wide variety of sequestration options. Blankinship, Steve // Power Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 110 Issue 7, Special section p8
The article presents information on a study conducted by a research group, which included Sandia Technologies, Praxair, Air Liquide and Trimeric that pumped 1,600 tons of carbon dioxide almost a mile down into a non-oil-bearing 20-foot-thick sandstone stratum in a geologic formation known as the...
- Suppliers Want to Bulk Up Industrial Gas Prices. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;5/12/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 18, p17
Highlights the factors that prompted industrial gas suppliers in the United States to attempt an increase in bulk gas prices. Percentage of hike on bulk hydrogen announced by Praxair; Comments from Ricardo Malfitano, president/Praxair North America; Supply of bulk atmospheric gases; Move of BOC...