Tessenderlo cuts back
- Tessenderlo Streamlines. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/20/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 20, p6
Provides information on the proposed job cuts at Tessenderlo Group adjacent sites in Tessenderlo and Ham, Belgium, as of May 2002. Reasons behind the cuts; Effect on the production of several of its chemical products.
- Tessenderlo cuts jobs in chemicals division. // Plastics News;9/4/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p15
The article reports that Tessenderlo Group is downsizing its troubled chemicals division. The company has cut 240 jobs in Europe. Around 197 layoffs are expected following restructuring of its chemical plants in Belgium alone. Tessenderlo intends to move 49 employees from Brussels to the city of...
- Further Down the Slippery Slope. // PC FAB;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p18
Comments on the performance of the printed circuits industry in Europe. Effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States on the industry; Decline in the worldwide semiconductor sales; Plant shutdowns and downsizing of boardmakers.
- BP Amoco Streamlines Polybutene Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/02/99, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the move of BP Amoco to streamline its European polybutene business. Closure of its plant in Grangemouth, Scotland; Goal of the company.
- Foamex to close 2 sites, cut jobs. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;6/17/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p1
Reports the dismissal of various employees of Foamex International Inc. in Linwood, Pennsylvania. Closure of manufacturing plants; Economic considerations on the closure of plants; Focus on investments and research and development.
- Ciena to Shutter Facility. // njbiz;3/27/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p35
Reports on the announcement by network specialist Ciena that it will close its Shrewsbury, New Jersey facility by April 29, 2006. Number of employees to be terminated; Locations to which the facility's work will be moved; Amount of to be saved by the company due to the closure.
- Timing of Canopy Closure Influences Carbon Translocation and Seed Production of an Understorey Herb, Trillium apetalon (Trilliaceae). Takashi Y. Ida; Gaku Kudo // Annals of Botany;Feb2008, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p435
Background and Aims The light availability on a temperate, deciduous-forest floor varies greatly, reflecting the seasonal leaf dynamics of the canopy trees. The growth and/or reproductive activity of understorey plants should be influenced by the length of the high-irradiance period from...
- Alcoa smelter to close, 1,000 jobs to go. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Apr2014, p6
The article reports on the scheduled closure of Point Henry Alcoa Inc. smelter in Geelong, Victoria, in August 2014, which will result in the loss of around 1,000 jobs.
- Another Springs Global Plant Heads South. Felgner, Brent // Home Textiles Today;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on the expected closure of Springs Global in Griffin, Georgia, and its plan to transfer operations to its facilities in Brazil. It states that in about 2007, Springs Global has shut down most of its U.S. production, crated up the equipment and transferred it to Brazil,...