- Bayer Clinches Acquisition of Schering. // Chemical Week;6/28/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Schering by Bayer as of June 28, 2006. Shareholders representing majority of Schering's equity had accepted Bayer's offer by June 20. Bayer will merge its pharmaceuticals business with Schering to form Bayer Schering Pharma in Berlin, Germany. Its...
- Bayer Consolidates Chemicals Unit with Starck Subsidiary. // Ceramic Industry;Mar2002, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p11
Reports the consolidation between Bayer Corp. and H.C. Starck Inc. Effectivity date of the consolidation; List of Bayer products transferred to H.C. Starck facility; Impact of the consolidation on improving the global service of Bayer.
- NEW MARKET RULES IN INDONESIA. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p7
Reports that the Indonesian Capital Market Supervisory Agency has issued additional rules on tender offers and takeovers.
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p7
Presents updates on merger and acquisition deals around the world as of November 2002, including the launch of the tender offer of DRS Technologies Inc. to acquire all outstanding common stock of Paravant Inc. in the U.S.
- The Fastest Lane In the Deals Market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the tender offer market in 1998. Tender offers as tools for executing fast acquisitions of large publicly held companies; Trends; Outcomes of offers; Slight decline from 1997; Tenders completed; Bid premiums.
- Tender Offers. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p50
Presents charts depicting tender offer trends in the United States from years 1992 to 2001. Tender offer bid premiums; Outcomes of contested versus uncontested offers; Purchase cost agreed by merged companies America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc.
- Completing The Deal: Determinants Of Successful Tender Offers. Flanagan, David J.; D'Mello, James P.; O'Shaughnessy, K.C. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p21
Studies the factors the influence the probability that tender offers will be successfully completed. Tender offers between 1977 to 1998; Effect of failed tender offers; Characteristics of a bidding firm.
- UNCONVENTIONAL OFFERS UNDER THE WILLIAMS ACT: THE CASE FOR JUDICIAL RESTRAINT. // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer86, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p499
The purpose of this Article is to examine the development and meaning of the term "tender offer." The Article traces the Commission's early efforts to define the term through the eight-part test now normally employed by the courts. The Article analyzes the impact of Hanson Trust and Carter...
- The Eventual Clash Between Judicial and Legislative Notions of Target Management Conduct. Johnson, Lyman // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall88, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the eventual clash between judicial and legislative notions of target management conduct in tender offer situations. Differences between judicial and legislative expressions of corporate purpose and management duty; Economic utility of frequent takeover activity.