E.ON gets fired up
- Austria slaps ban on power imports. // International Power Generation;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the implementation of a ban for electricity imports that operates nuclear or coal-fired power plants in Austria. Provision of information on plants power imports by Verbund; Issues on the disposal of nuclear wastes.
- IT Integration Improves Maintenance Performance. Utt, Warren // Electric Light & Power;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p60
The article informs that by integrating enterprise resource planning and project management systems in their IT systems, electric utilities E.ON Benelux and the Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) significantly improved their maintenance performance. The integration helped NPPD to cut...
- AEPCO initiates $4 million effort to overhaul site. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the plans of the Arizona Electric Power Cooperative Inc. (AEPCO) to overhaul its Apache Station coal-fired power plant in the state. Number of contractors required for the project; Areas identified to need upgrades.
- Formidable barriers face users of new coal systems. Makansi, Jason // Power;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the challenges facing coal-fired power plant development programs in 2000. Projected increase of Powder River Basin coal use by 2003; Political issues surrounding coal interests; Technical and regulatory issues in flyash handling from coal-fired plants; Developments in coal-fueled...
- My Top 10 Predictions for 2011. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jan2011, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article related to the forecast on the electricity usage for the year 2011 in the U.S., another article related to the installation of new coal plants in 2011 and the third article related to the electricity demand...
- Homeland Security from Homeland Coal: U.S. Brownfield Coal-Fired Development. // Power Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p28
Deals with the variety of coal technologies used by coal-fired power plants in the U.S. Seward Power Plant in East Wheatfield Township, Pennsylvania; Gilbert power plant in Maysville, Kentucky; Oak Creek power plant in Wisconsin. INSET: New Coal Generation will Clean Pennsylvania's Rivers.
- Mill reliability is important as a performance yardstick. Blaha, Dean // Power;Oct94, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the use of mill reliability as a performance yardstick for powerplants. Potomac Electric Power Co.'s Proactive coal-mill performance improvements; Monitoring of coal mills and oil guns; Recirculation within mill; Balancing of fuel-line velocities; Maintenance of air-to-fuel ratios;...
- Taean, Republic of Korea. // Power;Apr96, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p49
Profiles the coal-fired power plant operated by Korea Electric Power Corp. in Taean, South Korea. Design; Standard features; Power systems; Capacity; Key equipment and manpower suppliers.
- Looking for India's lost generation. Varley, James // Modern Power Systems;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
Discusses the major boiler renovation and modernization (R&M) project at the Talcher coal fired station in India. R&M as a major opportunity; Primary cause of low load factors at Indian plants; Background on the Talcher power station; Assessment of plant condition; Scope of the turnkey boiler...