- Poland defers emissions restrictions to 2020 from 2016. // Energy Today (Hungary);01/02/2013, p4
The article reports on the adoption by the Polish government of a Transitional National Plan for emissions targets in 2013.
- Particulate Matter (PM-10) Emissions, 1970-2001*. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p176
Presents statistics on the release of particulate matter emissions as a result of fuel combustion, industrial processes, and transportation in the United States from 1970 to 2001.
- Obama To Propose U.S. Emission Cuts At Copenhagen Talks. Holly, Chris // Energy Daily;11/18/2009, p1
The article reports on the proposals for emissions reductions to be submitted by the U.S. and China at the December 2009 climate summit in Copenhagen, Denmark. According to U.S. President Barack Obama, they intend to produce a political accord to rally the world around a solution to global...
- Cost Effective Options for Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Reduction in the Power Sector for Developing Economies -- A Case Study in Sabah, Malaysia. Siong Lee Koh; Yun Seng Lim; Morris, Stella // Energies (19961073);May2011, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p780
With their increasing shares of global emissions developing economies are increasingly being pressured to assume a greater role in global greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction. Developed countries have invested tremendously in and proclaimed renewable energy (RE) and associated smart power...
- Students Lower Mower Emissions. // Power Equipment Trade;Oct2014, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p53
The article reports that a team of students from the University of California Riverside is developing a device called UCR NOx-Out which they claim will reduce noxious emissions by more than 90%.
- LETTERS. Fairholme, Nick; Adams, James // Motor Transport;7/5/2007, p20
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article about the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) in London, England published in a previous issue.
- Model study of the impact of biogenic emission on regional ozone and the effectiveness of emission reduction scenarios over eastern China. Han, Zhiwei; Ueda, Hiromasa; Matsuda, Kazuhide // Tellus: Series B;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p12
The impact of biogenic emission on regional ozone and emission control scenarios has been numerically studied through a series of sensitivity model simulations. A typical episode with elevated ozone over eastern China from 12 to 16 August 2001 was investigated by using a tropospheric chemistry...
- Biofiltration de l'air polluï¿½ par le xylï¿½ne : observations expï¿½rimentales. Jorio, Hasnaa; Viel, Guy; Heitz, Mich�le // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p543
A new filtering material has been tested for its biofiltration performance for the treatment of air contaminated with the three isomers of xylene. The biofilter, operated at an empty bed residence time of 68 s and for xylene concentrations up to 6.7 gï¿½m[sup ï¿½3] , allowed a xylene load...
- Innovative Methods for Emission Inventory Development and Evaluation: Workshop Summary. Mobley, J. David; Cadle, Steven H. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Nov2004, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p1422
Emission inventories are an essential tool for evaluating, managing, and regulating air pollution. Refinements and innovations in instruments that measure air pollutants, models that calculate emissions, and techniques for data management and uncertainty assessment are needed to enhance emission...