New kid on the block
- Economies of scale matter. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, Special Section p4
The article reports on the success of the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. The port may be in the Netherlands, but such is its importance that it serves as the main port of Northwest Europe too. It is Europe's largest port in terms of throughput volume. It covers 100 kilometerÂ² of land...
- New Terminal for Rotterdam. // Logistics Today;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that the port of Rotterdam, Netherlands has signed an agreement for building a new marine terminal called the Rotterdam World Gateway. Port officials and members of a consortium endorsed the agreement which covers building the superstructure and operating the new terminal....
- Port plans easier access. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p35
The article reports on the plan of the Port of Rotterdam Authority in the Netherlands to install a specialized terminal to improve the flow of traffic to and from the sea terminals on the Maasvlakte. The port said that growth is threatened by continual congestion on the main A15/N15 routes and...
- Opening nears for APMT & RWG Terminals at Rotterdam's Maasvlakte 2. Margaronis, Star // American Journal of Transportation;9/22/2014, Issue 588, p4
The article reports on the opening of the Massvlakte-2 or M-2 site of the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands in 2014. Topics covered include the start of the construction in 2008 as well as the start of the operations of the Rotterdam World Gateway (RWG) terminals. Also mentioned are the...
- Dutch ports bullish. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the growth of Netherlands' major ports in 1997. Increase in containers, coal, oil products and ro-ro traffic; Building of the new Amsterdam Passenger Terminal for cruise ships.
- Dutch port interests given international boost. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p5
Reports on efforts of the Dutch government to further the interests of companies involved in international port development. Possibility of Dutch involvement in port constructions and management in Egypt; Cooperation agreement with Argentina for modernizing the Port of Buenos Aires.
- St. Maarten. // AirGuide Online.com;12/14/2009, p19
The article reports that St. Maarten seaport is the only place where the world's largest cruise ship Oasis of the Seas can dock in Netherlands.
- Expansion in store. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, Special Section p11
The article emphasizes the need to expand the amount of tank storage at the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Rotterdam boasts perhaps the most comprehensive array of independent tank storage operators in the world. Products handled include crude oil, mineral oil products such as gasoline,...
- St. Maarten. // CruiseGuide;12/14/2009, p19
The article reports on the capability of St. Maarten port to accommodate the Oasis of the Seas cruise ship in the Netherlands.