- Earnings Rise for Industrial Gases. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p9
The article reports on the strong earnings posted by U.S. industrial gases producers in 2007. Air Products reported net income for its fiscal third quarter of $285 million, $1.28 per share, up 35% over the 2006 quarter and ahead of consensus estimates of $1.06 per share. Praxair's net income for...
- AP sells energy unit to Monteco Gas. J.S. // Chemical Week;11/13/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 44, p9
Reports on Air Products and Chemicals' sale of its GFS Energy unit to Monteco Gas. Plans to exit from environmental businesses; Focus on core chemicals and industrial gases operations.
- Air Products to add capacity. // Chemical Week;11/30/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p5
Reports on expansion plans of Air Products and Chemicals for its merchant industrial gas facilities in Oklahoma.
- The July/August Business Snapshot. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs related to gas and welding industry in the U.S. as of July 2002. Agreement between Air Products and Chemicals Inc. and Nippon Helium Inc.; Praxair Inc.'s alliance with Panasonic Factory Automation Co.; Annual subscriptions to Compressed Gas Association electronic publications.
- Air Products offers Microbulk gas-supply service. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p16
Reports that Air Products Inc. has launched its Microbulk Service for small volume industrial gases customers in North America. Key features; Capacity of Microbulk Service to provide cost-effective alternative to traditional cylinder-gas packaging; Benefits of the service for industrial gases...
- The Industrial Gas Majors Position for Growth. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, pFR12
Reports on the financial performance of the industrial gas industry. Optimism of analysts on the growth of the market; Management changes of major industrial gas producers; Increase on liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen production of Air Products and Chemical.
- Gas Prices Go Up Despite Low Operating Rates. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/30/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p22
Reports that Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Praxair and other major companies in the industrial gas industry have been pushing for significant price increases in North America despite the low operating rates they are experiencing.
- Recharging Air Products. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;11/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 27, p25
The article highlights the restructuring plan of Air Products Chairman Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Seifi Ghasemi in a bid to improve the company's operating margin. It discusses the efforts of Air Products to focus on core gas business, decision making and profit and loss responsibility and to...
- Innovation, Doing Business Globally, Cost Issues, and Heat Treating Trends in the Industrial Gas Market. // Heat Treating Progress;Oct2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p29
The article features Air Products, a provider of nitrogen-based atmospheres, gas supply, gas delivery equipment and services based in Allentown, Pennsylvania. It states that the company has supplied gases that help maintain the effectiveness and safe operation of heat treating processes. Air...