Summer break stifles spot activity
- Freight rates increase. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 421, p30
Reports on an increase in freight rates for the shipment of gas and liquid chemicals in October 2003. U.S. to or from Asia; Northeast Asia to or from Southeast Asia; Europe to or from Asia.
- Asda turns to Freightliner. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p24
The article reports on Freightliner's contract with CMA CGM wherein the national railfreight operator will transport containers for the North East, England distribution centers of supermarket chain Asda.
- HOW ONE TYPO CAN ALTER A CONTRACT'S MEANING. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/5/2015, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p76
The article presents an answer to a question on the legal way of applying a provision of a contract on capacity load for freight where a typographical error was committed.
- European Chemical Transportation Carriers Face an Uncertain Future. Milmo, Sea // Chemical Market Reporter;11/19/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 18, pFR12
Examines the state of the chemical transportation market in Europe as of November 2001. Factors which led to the decline in freight rates of container shipping and rail companies; Advantages of the chemical tanker market over other transport sectors such as container shipping; Slow down on the...
- The pricing pendulum. Brady, Chris // Fleet Owner;Apr2010, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p46
The article reports on the outlook for freight industry in the U.S. It expects that for-hire carriers will continue to face highly competitive rate competition as excess capacity will hold rates down in the near term. It also projects that expanding freight volumes will result in an upward trend...
- Intermodal services shine in 2008. Wilson, Charles E. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2008, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on the positive performance of the bulk intermodal operations in the tank truck industry in the U.S. in 2008. The author notes that both the tank container and the transloading activity reportedly held up well despite the worldwide economic slowdown. Furthermore, the author...
- Contract approved for Detroit freight terminal. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;01/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p18
Announces that the state of Michigan has approved a contract that could bring a $125 million central freight transport terminal into Detroit. Value of the contract; Terms of the contrac,t which was submitted by Arbor Vista Transportation Incorporated; Features of the terminal, which is known as...
- What if there is no contract? Seaton, Henry // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p28
The article provides an answer to a question of the rights of a shipper, broker and carrier in the absence of a contract.
- Short-sea Shuffle. Parker, John // Traffic World;3/4/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p34
Reports the plan on moving freight off roads to sea motorways in Europe. Criticism of Freight Transport Association on the plan; Impact of the plan on the shippers and carriers; Reduction of red tape involved in short-sea shipping.