- Chemicals lie at heart of innovation. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/15/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2091, p9
Reports on the intention of the European Commission to put emphasis on the chemical industry under its Seventh Framework Programme for research funding from 2006-2010. Goal of the program; Examples of key areas for the seventh framework, according to Frank Agterberg, manager for innovation...
- More consultations as 7 May looms. // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p9
Reports on the confirmed date announced by the European Commission to publish its proposals for regulations implementing a chemicals policy for the European Union. Details of the proposals; Comments on the registration, evaluation and authorization of chemicals process; Expectation of the...
- Key points of Commission's orientation paper on chemicals. // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p9
Presents information on the European Commission's orientation paper on chemicals. Creation of an agency to manage registration, evaluation and authorization of chemicals; Registration by producers and importers into the European Union; Deadlines for registration of existing chemicals.
- EU considers new licensing law. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;10/1/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 37, p20
Presents that the European Commission is considering a legislation that would allow licenses of chemical technologies to expand production at any plant without acquiring a new license. Comment of industrial officials about the proposal; Conclusion of the Commission about the 1986 deal.
- European directives will kill some actives. MOORE, SAMUEL K.; WALSH, ERRI // Chemical Week;10/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 39, p43
Deals with the arrival of the European Commission's Biocidal Products Directive (BPD) and its effect to the chemical industry. Purpose of the directive; Source of the upheaval in the industry; Difficult decisions to be make by active producers; Factors that will slow the development of biocidal...
- EC Adopts a Final Draft Of Its REACH Proposals. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/3/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the adoption of the final draft for a regulatory framework for chemicals by the European Commission in Europe. Concerns of the chemical industry on the impact of the proposal; Plan of the commission to set up a strategic partnership with the industry; Concept of the proposal.
- Commission Denies Plans for a Chemicals 'Blacklist' Hume, Claudia // Chemical Week;10/11/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the lack of any blacklist of dangerous chemicals in the review of European chemical regulations conducted by the European Commission. Concerns of the chemical industry about blacklisting of chemicals; Pressures given by environmental activists to the Commission; Aim of the regulation...
- EC in raid on chemical firms. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p9
Reports the raids conducted by the European Commission on the offices of several chemical producers in April 2003.
- Delegates to mull EU policy. // European Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2046, p31
Reports on a one-day seminar that will be held by the British Chemical Distributors Association concerning the chemical policy of the European Commission on April 29, 2003. Speakers of the meeting; Reason for the decision of the association to conduct a seminar.