- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2053, p32
Presents news briefs on the environmental aspect of the European chemical industry as of May 2003. Decision of Germany's environment agency to publish a detailed assessment of how to begin to get the world to agree on medium- to short-term climate change commitments; Information on the...
- Giving risk a chance. Rotman, David // Chemical Week;1/19/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p7
Opinion. Comments on the U.S. chemical industry's lobbying agenda calling for a legislative push to give risk assessment a greater role in environmental regulation. Emphasis on the effect of chemicals on human health; Amount spent by the industry to comply with the Environmental Protection...
- Risk-based policy could finally be on its way. Begley, Ronald // Chemical Week;1/19/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the U.S. chemical industry's lobbying agenda calling for a legislative focus on the role of risk assessment in environmental regulations. Emphasis on the effect of chemicals on human health; Chemical Manufacturers Association's creation of a risk policy task force calling for...
- Risk management: Beyond assessment. Kirschner, Elisabeth // Chemical Week;1/26/94, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p4
Opinion. Comments on the need for the chemical industry to shift its focus from risk assessment to risk management. Opinion by Eastman Chemical chairman and chief executive officer Earnest Deavenport; Establishment of national priorities across disciplines; Development of consistent risk...
- A framework and key questions for adapting to climate variability and change Wheaton, E. E.; Maciver, D. C. // Mitigation & Adaptation Strategies for Global Change;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 3/4, p215
There is a critical need to collectively understand, to develop adaptation options to enhance the benefits, and to reduce the social and economic vulnerabilities induced by climate variability and change. This paper uses key questions to help build a framework for adaptationby first organizing...
- Report exposes leading risks of climate change. Qualtrough, Stuart // Click Green Newsletter;1/27/2012, Issue 5, p7
The article presents information on a study titled "Climate Change Risk Assessment" which has revealed the impact of climate change on the economy of the Great Britain.
- Editorial. Damm, Marion; Schädler, Bruno // Natural Hazards;Jul2013, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p979
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various topics within the issue including climate change and hydrological modeling regarding risk management techniques.
- Erratum to: The contested nature of coastal climate change-commentary to Niven and Bardsley. Planned retreat as a management response to coastal risk: a case study from the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. Buckley, Ralf // Regional Environmental Change;Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p427
A correction to the article "The contested nature of coastal climate change-commentary to Niven and Bardsley. Planned retreat as a management response to coastal risk: a case study from the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia" that was published in a 2013 issue is presented.
- Dow focuses on operational excellence, best practice, raising standards, and sustainability education. // Chemical Week;4/8/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 11, pS11
The article profiles the chemical company Dow Chemical Co. as of April 2013, focusing its implementation of the "Responsible Care" environmental program and the "Our City" sustainability education program. Topics include the Chinese chemical industry, best practices, and industrial safety standards.