DSM repeats sustainability feat in chemical sector
- DSM repeats sustainability feat in chemical sector. Chynoweth, Emma // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on the emergence of chemical company DSM as the top chemical sector company in the annual review of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. The company garnered the top ranking because of its approach to sustainable development which is driven by people, plant and profit....
- DSM forms biotech group. Rotman, David // Chemical Week;10/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 40, p44
Reflects on the formation of a biotechnology unit by DSM company to conduct research for the development and production of fine chemicals. Headquarters of the unit; Responsibilities of the biotech unit; Projects conducted at DSM's unit; Significance of the formation of the biotech unit.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p24
Covers updates in the chemical industry in Great Britain as of September 2003. Development of Pearlitol mannitol grades by Roquette; Number of biotechnology patent application filed by DSM; Knowledge management solution launched by drug discovery informatics supplier Tripos.
- Profiles in. sustainability. Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry in the U.S. In the chemical show of the company InformexUSA that was held in California, discussed several ways to attain sustainability of chemical manufacturers. DSM NV has governed the chemical sector in the Dow Jones...
- DSM's High-Pressure Process. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p57
Reports on the development of a high-pressure liquid phase melamine process called shortened liquid phase (SLP) technology by DSM. Claims of the company on the efficiency of the process; Details on the company's use of the technology; How the SLP technology converts urea into melamine.
- DSM announces chemical split. // Colourage;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p42
Reports that DSM is planning to split up its fine chemical activities into two business groups.
- DSM Plans US Site for Dyneema. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p8
Reports that DSM plans to include its high performance fiber Dyneema in the United States. European capacity for Dyneema that DSM is raising in 2001; Increase in operating profit of the company's performance material operations.
- Executive Insight: The Fine Chemical Majors Share Their Views. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;8/13/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 7, p31
Reports on the optimism of fine chemical executives on the growth of the industry. Factors that influence the success of the fine chemical and custom manufacturing market; Major companies in the fine chemical market; Performance of DSM in the market.
- DSM hikes polycarb compounds. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p7
Reports on DSM's plans to increase its polycarbonate compounding capacity in Western Europe. Aim of expanding polycarbonate sales outside Europe by becoming more active in the polycarbonate markets in the United States and Asia; Withdrawal from downstream activities in glass fiber reinforced...