- Environment Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p11
The article offers news briefs related to environmental protection. Electronic Recyclers claims that it is the first California company to have recycled more than five million pounds of electronic waste in a one-month period. Demand for plastic bags in Ireland increased by more than 20 percent...
- Recycling--seller beware? Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;8/25/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p4
Opinion. Advocates that producers of chemical products must bear the burden of recycling their products. Perception of plastics recycling; Promotion of increased recycling of base metal catalysts and solvents; Withdrawal of plans by resins producers to build recycling plants; Increase in...
- LEGISLATION AND REGULATION. // Solid Waste Report;1/31/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p7
This section offers news briefs on the solid waste industry. The Cupertino City Council in California has passed an ordinance that bans retail establishments from distributing single-use plastic bags. The Pennsylvania Covered Device Recycling Act prohibits state residents from throwing their...
- Jellyfish or Plastic Bag? // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2012, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p1
A quiz about plastic bag problem and recycling is presented.
- Countries wrestle with bag issues. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p1
Reports the increasing government pressure concerning the use and disposal of retail plastic bags globally. Imposition of tax on supermarket bags; Limitation on the use of polyethylene shopping bags; Encouragement of recycling.
- Illinois Country Begins Plastics Recycling Program. // Solid Waste Report;7/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the commencement of a six-month pilot program developed by the Lake County Plastic Bag Recycling Task Force, formed by the Illinois General Assembly, that will enable residents to recycle plastic bags and wraps at local stores.
- BATTERIES FROM PLASTIC BAGS. // Technotrends Newsletter;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on how the plastic bags are recycled into batteries that power everything from cell phones to cars.
- Plastic Bags--Prolific Problem. Spivey, Angela // Environmental Health Perspectives;Apr2003, Vol. 111 Issue 4, pA208
Reports on solutions to the problem of plastic bags in several countries. Irish government's imposition of a tax on every bag used; Ban on the use of plastic bags in Bangladesh; Recycling of plastic bags in the United States.
- Jamaicans get creative with 'scandal bags'. // Hot Calaloo;Aug2011, p12
The article reports that the Blue Mountain Project has partnered with women in Hagley Gap, Saint Thomas, Jamaica to recycle scandal bags, also called plastic grocery bags, into handbags, clothing, and hats.