Chemion Logistik set to tune in to RFID technology
- Recent Developments of Radio Frequency Identification Tag Antennas. Mobashsher, Ahmed T.; Islam, Mohammad T.; Misran, Norbahiah // Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p160
Radio frequency identification (RFID) excelled in automatic identification and data collection industry through its speed, agility and endurance. RFID of objects and people and remote control of devices has become very popular in logistics, inventory management and bio-engineering applications....
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p39
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry. Integrated logistics services provider Schenker is testing out radio-frequency identification technology to determine whether it is suitable for tracking freight transported globally. Oiltanking Stolthaven started lifting its new...
- Another exception-al year for RFID. Burnell, John // Frontline Solutions;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the utilization of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system improve logistics, manufacturing and asset management operations. Implementation of the system for vehicle security; Tool in tracking munitions inventories; Advantages of RFID deployment in retail and airline industries.
- Clear signal. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;9/30/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 39, p32
Focuses on the importance of radio-frequency identification technology to the shipping industry and trade logistics of the U.S. Supplying of data to a transponder; Investment justification; Information translation.
- The Extra Mile. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;7/15/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 28, p18
Reports on the potential of encryption software and active radio frequency identification (RFID) tags to improve security of high-value freight. Software and RDIF tag costs; Different types of active RFID tags.
- Tag talk. McCormick, Carroll // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;May2003, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system used in logistics management. Components of the RFID system; Tagging of pallets, cartons or individual product item; Technological innovations of the system; Costs associated with the system.
- Getting organized on RFID. Durise, Rick // Frontline Solutions;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6
Focuses on the implementation of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for supply-chain applications. Implementation planning; Selection of RFID solutions.
- RFID: is it worth the cost? Klimczyk, Larry // Logistics & Transport Focus;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p35
The author reflects on the barriers that have hampered the uptake and deployment of radio frequency identification systems (RFID) in the British logistics sector. He says the cost of RFID readers and tag manufacturing have fallen, but this will not drive deployment in uncertain economic times....
- THE JURY'S OUT. Burnell, John // Frontline Solutions;Jun2000, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p18
No abstract available.