High price mayhem
- ...as Taiwanese styrene plans heat up. // Chemical Week;8/9/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p6
Reports on Taiwan Styrene Monomer's plans to build its third styrene unit.
- Opposition stalls two styrene projects. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;11/30/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the postponement of Taiwan Styrene Monomer's planned expansion of its styrene plant at Linyuan, Taiwan. Local opposition; Feedstock availability; Grand Pacific Petrochemical's search for alternative sites.
- Relationship between China's Coal-to-Chemicals Industry and Petrochemical Industry. // China Chemical Reporter;8/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p12
The article focuses on the impact of coal-to-chemicals industry's technological development on the petrochemical industry in China. It says that coal-to-chemicals industry helps in optimizing the raw material and fuel structure in the petrochemical industry and lessens production cost. It adds...
- TSMC's EPS on hold. // Asian Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 404, p21
Reports on the decision of Taiwan Styrene Monomer Corp. to suspend its proposed expandable polystyrene project in China. Reason behind the decision; Other sites where the company is planning to build the plant.
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p7
The article presents top five stories for the week ending on February 14, 2011 and posted on ICIS.com which include one on freezing temperatures along the Texas Gulf coast, one on the petrochemical prices in Asia, and one on the raw materials strategy proposed by European Commission.
- ask hans. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article provides an answer to a question whether the cost for manufactured goods go down if the price of raw materials goes down.
- FULL SERVICE. Wight, Darren // National Petroleum News;Jul2004, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p4
Introduces a series of articles on the petroleum and convenience retail industries in the U.S.
- Retailers face foam price rise dilemma. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2007, Issue 5554, p3
The article reports on the increase of foam prices by Vita Group in Great Britain. According to the author, the foam supplier increased the prices due to the rising costs of raw materials and it will take effect on October 1. He added that the supplier also increased its prices on polyether foam...
- Raw Material Shortage Constrains Output of Olefins and Aromatics. // China Chemical Reporter;6/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p17
The article presents an analysis of the shortage of raw materials for the production of olefins and aromatics in China. These organic compounds are use as raw materials in petrochemical industry. Due to the resource constraints, solving the supply shortage of raw materials for olefins and...