BDO plans trouble buyers
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/18/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 14, p35
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry. An agreement has been entered into by Koch Nitrogen and Pryor Chemical Co. under which the former will buy urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) from the latter. BASF raised the price of its polytetra-hydrofuran because of low margins...
- Billion-Dollar Club The Trophy Goes to: BASF. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/14/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 30, p17
This article announces that BASF has won the Billion-Dollar Club trophy for chemical companies in 2005. BASF has taken the top position in an annual ranking of companies by chemical sales. Revenues of BASF has jumped 13 percent, helped by improved demand and price increases, according to the...
- BASF's Fiscal Results Reflect Sharp Cost-Cutting Measures. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p28
Reports on the financial performance of the Germany-based chemical company, BASF AG for the year 2002. Sales and earnings; Operations; Profits.
- BASF results beat analysts forecast. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2045, p9
Reports the financial results of chemical company Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG in 2002. Sales expectation for second quarter 2003; Factors that contributed to the company's 2002 earnings.
- BASF: higher BDO prices. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p284
The article reports on the increase in the prices of chemical company BASF AG's 1,4-butanediol and its derivatives in Europe in September 2006. The prices for tetrahydrofuran and polytetrahydrofuran are provided. Higher energy, raw materials and logistics costs need to be addressed so that the...
- 2-EH producers target rollover despite propylene decrease. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2154, p12
Focuses on the outlook of European ethylhexanol (2-EH) producers on domestic contract prices of 2-EH in the third quarter of 2005. Reason for the failure to achieve price increases in the first and second quarters of 2005; Impact of the decision of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG to close...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/23/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 18, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. BASF says it opened a S$4-million organic electronics research and development (R&D) center in Singapore. Several resin and gelcoat suppliers to the composites industry have announced price increases, citing recent cost hikes in...
- BASF: higher prices for caprolactam and PA 6 polymers. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p94
Reports that Ludwigshafen, Germany-based BASF AG has increased prices for caprolactam and for polyamide 6 spinning grades.
- BASF Increases Price for PolyTHF in Asia Pacific. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that BASF is increasing the price for its PolyTHF, or polytetrahydrofuran, product by $200 per ton in the Asia Pacific region in 2006.