- THINK TANK. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that non-European Union (EU) chemical producers and formulators are finding Europe's Reach chemicals control regulation costly and extremely difficult to navigate and some are now realizing that their EU importers are noncompliant with the first stage of registration, for...
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p3
Presents news developments concerning the chemical industry, current as of March 29, 2004. Increase of plant production capacity of Ticona; Filing of anti-dumping petition by domestic polyethylene terephthalate producers; Opening of antioxidants facility in China by Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/10/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 19, p30
Reports on news and developments concerning the chemical industry. Ticona's expansion of its Vectra liquid crystal polymer plant in Shelby, North Carolina; DuPont and subsidiaries of Koch Industries Inc.'s sale of Invista; ChevronTexaco Technology Ventures LLC's unit ChevronTexaco Molecular...
- Basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;3/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p24
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of March 23, 2005. Increase in the price of titanium dioxide in several firms; Launch of grades of polybutylene terephthalate and liquid crystal polymers by Ticona; Plan of DuPont to increase the prices of its engineering grade chemicals in North...
- How Does the Revision of EU's GSP Scheme Influence the Exports of Bangladesh? Ahmed, Redwan // Journal of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management (JTATM);Spring2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
This paper is an attempt to analyze the potential benefits that Bangladesh can enjoy being a Least Developed Country (LDC) from its Ready Made Garments (RMG) export following the recent changes in the EU GSP scheme which is due to come into effect from January 01, 2014. The revised GSP Scheme is...
- EU seizes billion euros of fake goods in 2012. // Regional Today;08/06/2013, p2
The article reports on the seizure by European Union customs authorities of fake goods in 2012.
- EU polystyrene boasts a healthy trade balance. GERRARD, PETER // ICIS Chemical Business;9/2/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the polystyrene industry of the European Union, focusing on a surplus of exports over imports during June 2013.
- Mammoth task to roll out REACH begins. Baker, Susanne // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jun2008, Issue 401, p28
The article reports on the start of the European Union (EU) Regulation on the registration, evaluation and authorisation of chemicals (REACH). It states that pre-registration is required for the 100,000 chemicals which are already on the market before the cut-off date of 1981. Once the...
- REACHâ€”how is it going? Ogden, Trevor // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the author's comments on the issues related to REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) regulation, issued by European Union in 2006. It is said that REACH is being implemented by the European Chemical Agency. It is stated that under the...