- THINK TANK. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that non-European Union (EU) chemical producers and formulators are finding Europe's Reach chemicals control regulation costly and extremely difficult to navigate and some are now realizing that their EU importers are noncompliant with the first stage of registration, for...
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p3
Presents news developments concerning the chemical industry, current as of March 29, 2004. Increase of plant production capacity of Ticona; Filing of anti-dumping petition by domestic polyethylene terephthalate producers; Opening of antioxidants facility in China by Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/10/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 19, p30
Reports on news and developments concerning the chemical industry. Ticona's expansion of its Vectra liquid crystal polymer plant in Shelby, North Carolina; DuPont and subsidiaries of Koch Industries Inc.'s sale of Invista; ChevronTexaco Technology Ventures LLC's unit ChevronTexaco Molecular...
- Basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;3/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p24
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of March 23, 2005. Increase in the price of titanium dioxide in several firms; Launch of grades of polybutylene terephthalate and liquid crystal polymers by Ticona; Plan of DuPont to increase the prices of its engineering grade chemicals in North...
- How Does the Revision of EU's GSP Scheme Influence the Exports of Bangladesh? Ahmed, Redwan // Journal of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management (JTATM);Spring2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
This paper is an attempt to analyze the potential benefits that Bangladesh can enjoy being a Least Developed Country (LDC) from its Ready Made Garments (RMG) export following the recent changes in the EU GSP scheme which is due to come into effect from January 01, 2014. The revised GSP Scheme is...
- EU seizes billion euros of fake goods in 2012. // Regional Today;08/06/2013, p2
The article reports on the seizure by European Union customs authorities of fake goods in 2012.
- 'REACH' HAS ARRIVED: U.S. MANUFACTURERS NEED TO BE READY. Bergeson, Lynn L. // Manufacturing Today;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the impact of the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) regulations on U.S. manufactures. The author states that the regulations require the registration of approximately 30,000 chemicals that are manufactured or imported into the European Union in...
- EU polystyrene boasts a healthy trade balance. GERRARD, PETER // ICIS Chemical Business;9/2/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the polystyrene industry of the European Union, focusing on a surplus of exports over imports during June 2013.
- EU BDO imports more than double in H1 2013. GUEVARRA, VLADIMIR // ICIS Chemical Business;9/2/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p22
The article mentions European Union chemical exports and discusses the importing of butanediol into the European Union during the first six months of 2013 as compared with 2012, reporting that low prices of Asian butanediol may have contributed to an increase in imports.