Hydrotalcite output trebles
- A BACK TO WHITE REALITY. // Glass Age;Jan2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p20
Reports on a treatment to remove the pinking in PVC-U products. Use of silexine; Pinking mechanism; One-stage treatment.
- PVC Producers Announce Price Increases With Demand Projected to Strengthen in First Quarter 2004. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;12/1/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the announcement of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producers regarding product demand forecasts for the first quarter of 2004. Benchmark pricing in Asia and Europe; Revenue figures during the last quarter of 2003; Average industry PVC resin prices.
- Recomputed model (QSPR) of Plasticization and Structure Properties for PVC Using Molecular Modeling Techniques. Hussain, Kawkab Ali // Der Chemica Sinica;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p780
25 plasticizers compounds of PVC can be recomputed and modeled by using quantum chemical calculations. The geometries of the compounds were optimized first at level (MM+) by molecular mechanics force field theory and then at level (PM3) by semi- empirical method. Quantitative Structure -...
- MAILBAG. Dellevigne, John P.; Abate, Kenneth; Lawrence, Dave // Plastics News;9/11/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Reader says there's no safe level of PVC," by David Wallinga in the August 14, 2006 issue, "China brings flattery PN can do without," in the August 28, 2006 issue, and a letter to the editor on PVC...
- PVC compounds for medical applications. Mehta, Paresh A. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2013, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p24
The article offers information on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compounds and their medical applications. An overview of the features and advantages of PVC which makes it an ideal commodity plastic material is provided. Some properties of PVC that make it versatile include mixes well with various...
- CGPC to draft PVC options to board. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p19
Announces the plan of China General Plastics Corp. to make a presentation to their board on various options for proceeding with a polyvinyl chloride project in China. Idea of the company on the availability of feedstock; Negotiations with Ocean Plastics.
- Raw materials. // Medical Device Technology;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p54
This article focuses on raw materials currently available from various suppliers. Two clear, DEHP-free PVC polymers are available from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. The TYGON S-74 and S-75 tubing formulations are suitable for catheters, surgical drains, and fluid- and oxygen-administration....
- FPC aims to add SAP capacity to planned Ningbo complex. // Asian Chemical News;8/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 412, p25
Reports on the plan of Formosa Plastics Corp. to produce super-absorbent polymers in its Ningbo site in Zhejiang, China. Capacity of the polyvinyl chloride facility being built by Formosa; Integration of an acrylic acid plant and an acrylic ester unit at the same site; Approval being sought by...
- Kinetics Study of the Migration of Bio-Based Plasticizers in Flexible PVC. Ching-Feng Mao; De-Bin Chan // International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological & Environmenta;2012, Vol. 45, p44
The migration of bio-based plasticizers from flexible PVC was investigated by a solid-contact method using sandwiched PS sheets under pressure. A first-order migration kinetic equation was used to model the time-dependent weight gain of the PS sheet. Flexible PVC with acetyl tributyl citrate...