Eastman boosts UK tow capacity
- Eastman to boost coal exposure. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/20/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that Eastman Chemical Co. is exploring ways to increase its exposure to coal as a raw material. The firm is pioneer in coal gasification for chemicals since the early 1980s. Eastman intends to leverage its 23 years of operating experience and understanding of the technology...
- Eastman Opts to Retain New Divisional Structure. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p25
Reports the cancellation of the plan of Eastman Chemical Co. to split its specialty chemicals and plastic business into separate companies in Kingsport, Tennessee. Continuation of operation of the company under the divisional structure; Two divisions of the company; List of companies under the...
- Eastman Cancels Spin-Off of Plastics. // Plastics Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p57
Reports the termination of spin-off plans for the specialty chemicals and plastic business of Eastman Chemicals Co. in Kingsport Tennessee. Launch of the divisional structure; Creation of Voridian Co. operating division; Production of polyethylene terephthalate and acetate fibers by Voridian Co.
- Eastman Switches Course, Opts To Keep Fine Chemicals Business. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;04/23/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the decision of Eastman Chemical Co. to withdraw the planned sale of its fine chemical business and merge it with its performance chemicals and intermediates business organization. Reason for withdrawing the sale; Position eliminated by the company in relation to its transition into...
- Eastman boosts copolyester. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/17/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that Eastman Chemical Co. is boosting capacity for its Tritan-brand specialty copolyester at a plant in Kingsport, Tennessee. The project includes constructing new manufacturing sites and converting some existing operations. It is informed that annual growth for Tritan and...
- Titan, Thermx in for a high-tech future. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Reports the plans of Eastman Chemical Co. in improving the Titan-brand and Thermx-brand products in Kingsport, Tennessee. Investment of the company in telecommunication-connector business; Move of the company to improve global market share; Applicability of Thermx-brand in automotive works.
- Eastman Chemical to Convert Indian Orchard Site to Natural Gas. // BusinessWest;7/1/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p62
The article informs that Eastman Chemical Co. is planning to convert the coalfired boiler at its Indian Orchard site in Massachusetts to natural gas combustion by January 2016, the move according to David Lahr, plant manager for the site, is inspired by compliance with new regulatory requirements.
- Eastman Looks To Improve Profitability. // Nonwovens Industry;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the plans of Eastman Chemical Co. to improve sales profitability in the U.S.
- Eastman shelves spin—off plans. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p2
Reports the rejection of plan of Eastman Chemical Co. to disintegrate the business in Kingsport, Tennessee. Impact of the terrorist attacks in the United States on global economy; Details on the revenue of the company; Forecast on the commodity plastics demand.