Air Products stays in PU
- Air Products Xi'an Site Onstream. // China Chemical Reporter;11/21/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p12
The article reports that chemicals manufacturer Air Products & Chemicals Inc. has started its operation of producing ultra-high purity nitrogen and bulk gases at its two large air separation units at the Xi'an High-tech Zone (XHTZ) in Shaanxi, China.
- AIR PRODUCTS AIMS FOR INNOVATION. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology International;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on various innovations by Air Products & Chemicals Inc. in the polyurethane chemicals sector. Steven Hulme, global marketing manager for polyurethane chemicals at Air Products, says that product development was at the core of their strategy. Air Products plans to...
- Urethane curatives. // Plastics Technology;Aug97, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p354
Evaluates several urethane curatives used for manufacturing and processing plastics. Amine, morpholine, organometallic catalysts, crosslinkers from Air Products and Chemicals Incorporated; Dibutyltin dilaurate form Akzo Nobel Incorporated; Curene urethane curatives from Anderson Development...
- Wacker Changes Name of Former Joint Venture Products. // JCT CoatingsTech;Mar2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that the Wacker Polymers has changed the name of its products following the acquisition of Air Products and Chemicals Inc.'s share in Air Products Polymers (APP) and the Wacker Polymer Systems (WPS). It notes that the vinyl acetate homopolymer, acrylic copolymer, and the...
- Air Products eyes sale of two units. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the plan of Air Products to sell its amines and polymers businesses in the U.S. in 2006. The company will also restructure its polyurethane intermediates business, which includes the sale of its dinitrotoluene facility in Geismar, Louisiana. In addition, the company plans...
- Flexible growth in Asia. // Urethanes Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p68
The article discusses the growth of flexible moulded polyurethane foams in Asia. Growth in flexible foams is occurring mainly in the emerging Far East markets in Asia, with growth in India and China especially good. Growth in the global car sector of 3 percent from 2004 to 2009 will amount to...
- Additives: The first thing to look at for aqueous... Warnke, David A. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p100
Introduces polyurethane dispersions which are increasingly being used in applications ranging from waterborne original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product coatings and others. Areas wherein water-based systems can pose challenges for formulators; Use of Air Products' Surfynol.
- Polyurethanes in automotive interiors: opportunities and challenges. Eller, Robert // Urethanes Technology;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the application of polyurethane (PU) foams in automotive interiors. Benefits of using PU; Acoustics applications of PU; Challenges faced by PU from other foam types.
- Relationship of Reaction Temperature on Phosphate Oligomers Reactivity to Properties of Soy-Polyurethane. Firdaus, Flora Elvistia // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Apr2011, Issue 52, p230
Polyurethane foam (PUF) were prepared by reacting polyols synthesized from soy-oil into mixture of 2,4-Toluene diisocyanate (TDI) with 4,4'-Methylene Diamine Isocyanate (MDI) with ratio of 70:30. The polyols obtained via esterification reaction were categorize into different temperature of...