Dow closures bring Nova gains
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2074, p12
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry, as of November 2003. Plan of technical polymer subsidiary Ticona to increase the production capacity of its ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene; Price increase in epoxy vinyl ester resins of Dow Chemical; Closure of the linear low-density...
- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/26/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p7
The article reports global developments related chemical industry. Nova Chemicals Inc. has revealed that two of its products have been chose for new consumer applications. DuPont Engineering Polymers company announced a high-flow grade of Zytel, one of its highly reinforced engineering polymers....
- Nova Shuts Down Major Canadian Olefins Unit For Three Weeks. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;10/18/99, Vol. 256 Issue 16, p3
Reports that Nova Chemicals Corporation is shutting down its Corunna, Ontario olefins plant for three weeks due to mechanical problems associated with a charge gas compressor. Financial impact of the outage; Production capacity of the plant; Other ethylene line at Nova.
- Dow Outage Worsens Supply Crunch; Caustic Prices Climb. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/18/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 39, p12
Reports on the decision of Dow Chemical to shut down a part of its chlor-alkali unit in Freeport, Texas on September 29, 2000 after a fire caused by electrical equipment failure. Increase in demand of caustic soda; Details on the supply of caustic soda; Operating rates of chlor-alkali plants.
- Dow to End South African Polyols Production; More Closures Planned. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the plan of Dow Chemical Co. to close some polyols plants as part of a rationalization of its European polyurethane (PU) intermediates business. Annual production capacity of its polyols plant in Durban, South Africa; Total annual capacity of Dow for polyols; Decline in the demand...
- Dow retires some freeport ethylene. // Chemical Week;7/2/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 26, p7
Deals with the permanent closure of Dow Chemicals company's ethylene plant at its Freeport, Texas complex. Dow Chemicals' United States capacity per year.
- Dow closing PU foam facility. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p3
Dow Chemical Co. has planned to shut down its polyurethane-based foam insulation plant in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. The 16-employee site, which makes foam for commercial roofing, will be closed by early August 2003, company spokeswoman Leslie Hatfield said. The firm, one of the world's largest...
- Dow Chemical Takes Olefins Unit Off Line. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the shut down of the cracker of Dow Chemical Co. in Terneuzen, Netherlands. Reasons for the shut down.
- Nova to shut PS plant in Va. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p5
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Nova Chemicals Inc. to close its polystyrene resin and compounding plant in Chesapeake, Virginia, due to continued business losses. The site operates 300 million pounds of annual capacity for solid polystyrene and 170 million pounds for...