Innovation triggers new PP pilot plans
- Higher polyolefin turnover in 2008. // Chemical Fibers International;Jun209, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p81
The article reports on the increase in the turnover rate of Borealis AG by 5% to â‚¬6.7 billion in 2008 and its decline in the fourth quarter by â‚¬1.3 billion. It states the reduction in the company earning by 64% to â‚¬163 million and a loss of about â‚¬199 million in the...
- IPIC plans JV with companies including Bayer to establish petrochemical plant. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Dec2009, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p70
The article reports on the plan of International Petroleum Investment Co. (IPIC) to form joint venture (JV) with companies to build a petrochemical plant in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is noted that the company bought Nova Chemicals for 2.3 billion U.S billion dollars in early 2009. IPIC...
- Borealis earmarks â‚¬200m spend for polyolefins output. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p26
Reveals the plans of Borealis to invest in a polyethylene and polypropylene plants in Schwechat, Austria in 2003. Scope of the investment plans; Significance of the move; Account of a similar expansion strategy.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/1/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p16
Presents news briefs on the petrochemicals industry in the Middle East as of July 1, 2005. Submission of a proposal by a team led by Kuwait Finance House to Al-Khafji Joint Operations for the construction of an integrated petrochemicals, power and water plant; Information on a technical bid...
- Sabic plans record breaking PP compounding plant. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2008, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p65
The article reports on the plan of SABIC to build the largest polypropylene (pp) compounding plant ever constructed in Europe at its Genk site in Belgium. Accordingly, it will have an initial capacity of 110,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) of PP compound. Also, it will house the company's compounding...
- NATPET to add PP compounds. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 23, Special section p2
The article reports that a polypropylene compounding plant will be built in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia by the National Petrochemical Industrial Company and U.S. chemical manufacturing company A. Schulman.
- Braskem's planned PP unit would be its largest in the US. // Chemical Week;6/22/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 17, p20
The article reports on the planned polypropylene (PP) facility by petrochemical company Braskem which would be its largest unit in the U.S.
- White pails go green. // Machine Design;4/12/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p28
The article evaluates the BH374MO polypropylene from Borealis AG.
- Higher PE and PP prices. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2010, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the decision of Borealis AG to raise its prices for polyolefin and polypropylene by 100 euros per tonne in March 2010.